Answered

YouTube App on iOS shows message on screen while streaming to Sonos One

• 25 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone,

I use an iPad and an iPhone and both have trouble while streaming audio with the youtube app:
I only want to stream the audio and watch the clip on my iDevice. But while the sound streams correctly, a message is shown in the middle of the screen, which i can't put away. "Connected to Airplay" (deutsch: "Mit AirPlay verbunden").
So, it´s not possible to watch a clip and use Sonos One as a speaker..... what can i do?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 25 October 2018, 22:25

Hi there, TheRocka. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I have done a few tests on this myself and the same thing happens when using Airplay with a Homepod. As such, it seems that this is part of an update of the YouTube app and I would suggest reaching out to YouTube/Google for further clarity.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, TheRocka. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I have done a few tests on this myself and the same thing happens when using Airplay with a Homepod. As such, it seems that this is part of an update of the YouTube app and I would suggest reaching out to YouTube/Google for further clarity.
Thx Keith. I did not know, that also the HomePod has the same problem.
So you might be right that the youtube app causes the trouble.
I did not have this problem 2 weeks ago but now have it. Please post if there is a cure or update.
After two updates from YouTube I still have the problem. I reported a bug report.....
It's a bug with YouTube, not with Sonos. And not with Apple, for that matter.
It's a bug with YouTube, not with Sonos. And not with Apple, for that matter.
I know, I reported to YouTube 😉
Yea, I saw that you did....was posting for the others who are going to come along and read your thread 🙂