Answered

Youtube and other services

• 13 October 2018
  • 1 reply

What is sonos with its complicated platform? People give technical advice but it needs buying additional stuff and so much hassle. I sounds like sonos placed itself away from existing formats and is expecting the other formats and services to apply for admission to sonos. Maybe sonos needs them more than they need sonos. Maybe that's why sonos users have so many complaints. Their favorite apps and services need all kinds of juggling to connect to a pleasant experience. Not intuitive at all. I am not a wiz kid and perhaps I know very little but it's also very hard to find simple solutions even here. So.. I have a mobile phone a huawei p10. I loved the sonos sound so I bought a sonos play. After months I found out I needed a router. Internet through house connection.. No other way. I like to be mobile, compact and multi tasking. I hope sonos can give me some advice how to get the most of my sonos experience. Right now I use a sonos app on my mobile. It's permits to make some playlist of some of my songs but gets erased when my sonos speaker switches off. Why can't the app remember my playlist. And I would like to use my mobile YouTube app over sonos speakers. And perhaps I will buy a laser projector and use mirror share with my phone. Can sonos support this option? Please say yes.
icon

Best answer by MrKeith 14 October 2018, 13:19

As Sonos is a multi room speaker system that specifically runs over wifi and has never been promoted as anything other than that (its not portable, it's not bluetooth), it might be that either you should have done more research, or you were given misleading information by a saleman (which I fear happens to frequently).

I haven't had a faultless experience with Sonos, and there have definitely been issues over signal strength, placing of speakers, but with seven speakers and two connects, my system does what i wanted it for. Playing music on the fly drom a portanle device, whilst a novelty, isn't what I would say is a key focus for Sonos.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
As Sonos is a multi room speaker system that specifically runs over wifi and has never been promoted as anything other than that (its not portable, it's not bluetooth), it might be that either you should have done more research, or you were given misleading information by a saleman (which I fear happens to frequently).

I haven't had a faultless experience with Sonos, and there have definitely been issues over signal strength, placing of speakers, but with seven speakers and two connects, my system does what i wanted it for. Playing music on the fly drom a portanle device, whilst a novelty, isn't what I would say is a key focus for Sonos.