Question

youtube account and playlist issues

• 25 July 2020
  • 8 replies

I have youtube premium and added my account to the services.  None of my playlists have ever been synced in the sonos app. I had given up and just used the sonos search to find music. Recently a playlist I added in ytmusic app appeared on my sonos app under YouTube > library. This got me thinking if only new playlists were imported.  I tested this by creating couple new playlists but that didn't prostate into the sonod app. I gave it 24hrs.

After searching on here, I followed the advice to remove the account and reconfigure it and re-authorise it. Now sonos doesn't even recognise that my account is premium so I'm worse off.

I've attached some screenshots to give an idea. What am I doing wrong?

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @bourneagain, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community., regarding your concern about your Youtube premium account and not being detected on the Sonos account as a premium account and also with the playlist concern that you have, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon

Thanks for coming back. 

Diagnostics ref 620931445

I also have the YT premium, you can’t really do anything with it unless browse what is already there. this is so frustrating. The music choice is very limited. Anything on my YT music app won’t sync including everything on the library. 

Others seems to report being able to sync upto 1000 songs

I don’t mind 1000 even, that’ll do me

right now though Sonon app claims i don’t have YT premium

Hi @bourneagain, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community., regarding your concern about your Youtube premium account and not being detected on the Sonos account as a premium account and also with the playlist concern that you have, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

hello, i submitted the diagnostic 2 days ago, have you found the solution?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @bourneagain, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking, the Youtube Music Service account is showing that it was added on the Sonos App. I’d like to ask I have you tried it on another controller, to remove and re-add the Youtube Music Service on the Sonos App. and let me know if you still get the same error. 

Simon

I have done this both from the sonos app on android and also the desktop app. Nothing has changed. 

What does the diagnostic reveal and how do I get back online with youtube music? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @bourneagain, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue. We are asking for diagnostic reports for us to check if there is an issue with the Music Service account that you are adding or if there are any details about the Youtube Music service. If all looks good on the diagnostic, but still having issues on adding the Music Service, then that’s the time that I need you to contact our phone support team.