Yandex Music (Яндекс.Музыка) and Sonos

hello, i would like to have Yandex Music (Яндекс.Музыка) on my Sonos, like many other people: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/yandex-music-yandeks-muzyka-6235898 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Me too, please. music.yandex.com is missing...

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @GmbKJJ and @EYEself.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I know its been a while some other Sonos users requested this music services to be added to Sonos as one of the supported music services.

We will follow up on this service to the development team. We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge

+1 for yandex music, my favourite music service. I’ve just got a new beam and figure out that it can’t  bluetooth and there is no way I can listen to my music :( 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @sureg.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community. I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

I suggest try to use ibroadcast.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

You may want to suggest to them in an email that they add themselves to Sonos. There’s an entire procedure outlined at the Sonos partners page, which will tell them how to become a partner with Sonos. An email from a current user might carry much more weight than a contact from a company like Sonos.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Airgetlam.

Welcome, thank you for that wonderful feedback, I will keep that in mind also.

Cheers.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @sureg.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community. I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

I suggest try to use ibroadcast.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work.

An email from a current user might carry much more weight than a contact from a company like Sonos.

Hi @Airgetlam, I don’t think it works like this.

Userlevel 2
Badge

So the yandex.music is now available. But for some reason I cannot add it in the Sonos app. I guess it is limited to few countries? 

That normally is a choice made by the streaming company, in this case yandex. Sonos would apply whatever restrictions in the controller that the yandex folks would indicate. 

That being said, what is presented to you in the controller is usually filtered by your address in your Sonos account. Probably not street address, but city, country and post code would be my guess. I’ve always had an unsupported but sneaky suspicion that there is a bug hidden somewhere in that database that can occasionally erase that data, so it’s worth double checking your account, to make sure you’re being presented the correct geo-relevant data when you go to ‘add a service’. I think, if it’s blank, the system has real trouble.

Userlevel 2
Badge

You might be right about that suspicion: the only two fields that were populated for my address are country and postal code, all the rest were blank. Which is weird.

Anyway, changing the country didn't help with.my issue. The service is still unavailable for selection.

What country are you in? Your forum account, not the same account as your Sonos account, doesn’t show where you are. Perhaps a Sonos rep could confirm that yandex has requested geolocking, and indicate whether or not you should be seeing the service. 

For what it’s worth, it’s not showing up for me, with a United States address. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @sureg, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community. 

After changing my profile on Sonos.com, to show my location as Russian Federation, I was able to find Yandex Music within the Sonos app. If it’s still not showing up for you, it may be worth going to Settings > System > System Updates > Check for Updates.

Even if the app reports that there are no updates available, this should refresh the list of Music Services that is presented within the Sonos app - let us know if this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Happy to report. It works and that's great.

Thanks for help guys