Question

Why won't my playlists from iTunes download to Sonos?

• 18 January 2013
  • 33 replies

I have two problems: 1) All of my playlists wont download to Sonos - I can only see some 2) The information concerning my genres is not correct - whereas I have 13 genres on iTunes, I have many more on Sonos. How can I resolve these problems? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

I have the sam problem and have tried everything.
I have access to all my songs, artists. But i have no access to my playlists. This is very annoying since i ONLY USE PLAYLISTS. This is the only way i play music.

I'm about to throw my whole Sonos system away.

Songs, please help me!

thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the sam problem and have tried everything.
I have access to all my songs, artists. But i have no access to my playlists. This is very annoying since i ONLY USE PLAYLISTS. This is the only way i play music.

I'm about to throw my whole Sonos system away.

Songs, please help me!

thanks

Hi User565907,

Your Sonos system is probably not indexing the folder in which your iTunes playlist file is stored. Normally iTunes will store your playlist information in a file called iTunes Music Library.xml. This file normally lives in your computer's music folder under the folder name iTunes. If you've set up a music share for a folder contained within your iTunes folder, Sonos may index your music but miss the playlist file.

Please double check and make sure your Sonos system is pointing to your computer's music folder, which should contain your iTunes folder and playlist file.

If you send in a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number we can take a look and see what's going on. Here's how to submit reports.
Nothing but problems. Buy songs from itunes, they show in iphones MUSIC icon, I add songs successfully to Music Iphone icon. When I go to Sonos to see playlist songs not there even after synching. Horse Shit. Apple sucks more than they want to admit. Unreliable trash sucking peoples money. No wonder people bought CD's!!!!!!!!!!
I am NOT a newbie in all this, just pissed at the unreliability of systems we rely on...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Nothing but problems. Buy songs from itunes, they show in iphones MUSIC icon, I add songs successfully to Music Iphone icon. When I go to Sonos to see playlist songs not there even after synching. Horse Shit. Apple sucks more than they want to admit. Unreliable trash sucking peoples money. No wonder people bought CD's!!!!!!!!!!

You can stream songs from your phone to the Sonos system but the songs have to be downloaded on to your phone's storage. Once you've downloaded tracks on to your phone you can start the Sonos app and head to the option for "this iPhone." There you should see your downloaded tracks and playlists.

If you're not seeing your music, double check that the tracks are downloaded on to your phone as sometimes they will only be in the cloud. If you still don't see the music, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
I've had Sonos from the day it was first placed on the market. Playing songs from the iTunes list has ALWAYS been a problem. We would not be on this site, aggravating, instead of listening to the sweet sounds from our iTunes list IF SONOS had a solution. They don't !! I CHALLENGE SONOS TO PUBLISH A MENU DELINEATING THE LIST OF PROBLEMS WE'VE REPORTED, INCLUDING A STEP BY STEP SOLUTION!!! YOU WON'T SEE IT, BECASUSE THEY DONT HAVE IT!!! WHO WANTS TO BEGIN A CLASS ACTION SUIT??? Today is Sunday, and I'm finished with this reminder that SONOS HAS BEEN HIDING FROM THIS ISSUE FOR YEARS!!!! Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I've had Sonos from the day it was first placed on the market. Playing songs from the iTunes list has ALWAYS been a problem. We would not be on this site, aggravating, instead of listening to the sweet sounds from our iTunes list IF SONOS had a solution. They don't !! I CHALLENGE SONOS TO PUBLISH A MENU DELINEATING THE LIST OF PROBLEMS WE'VE REPORTED, INCLUDING A STEP BY STEP SOLUTION!!! YOU WON'T SEE IT, BECASUSE THEY DONT HAVE IT!!! WHO WANTS TO BEGIN A CLASS ACTION SUIT??? Today is Sunday, and I'm finished with this reminder that SONOS HAS BEEN HIDING FROM THIS ISSUE FOR YEARS!!!! Thank you.

Hi dealstars,

Everyone's setup is different and there can be many different factors in troubleshooting. We don't have a single step that will fix any possible issue. What is the specific issue you are having? Please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.
Class action suit . . . posters are a laugh riot today! :8