Answered

Why is the Start Radio function not available when selecting a song from an own AM Playlist

• 10 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all, basically what the title says,

If I look for a song using the main search function and select it either on the Artist or the Title tab, if I select More, there is the option to create a “Station”, which would play the song and similar ones but in a very limited fashion (no scrubbing, no going back to the previous song:persevere:, not being able to see the playlist)

However, if I search for a playlist of my own created in Apple Music, and pick a song from inside there, when I select More, there is no such option, I wonder why that is, what makes it different

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by controlav 10 January 2022, 18:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Lawyers make it different. A Station is like a real radio station, cannot be paused/rewound, and generates $X for each play. When you play a track on a playlist that is legally different, and generates $Y for each play. X < Y. I think this is related to “mechanical copyright” but IANAL.