Answered

why is Spotify is different in Sonos?

• 21 June 2022
  • 4 replies

If I search for music on Spotify, not through Sonos, I have many options of songs and music I don’t get when I search using same names but using Spotify in Sonos.

icon

Best answer by controlav 22 June 2022, 03:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Can you maybe give one, or two, examples where things are missing in the Sonos search results, for others to perhaps check?

Userlevel 7

The main difference is that Spotify search has a Top ‘hits’ section which pulls back Songs, Albums, Artists, Playlists and Podcasts relating to the search term in one list.

Sonos search on the other hand has separate search categories for each of these. ie. Artists, Songs, Playlists etc are all separate lists.

If I search for music on Spotify, not through Sonos, I have many options of songs and music I don’t get when I search using same names but using Spotify in Sonos.

I never use this route, so I can’t comment except to say that the standard template that the Sonos controller offers all streaming services may be a part of the reason for the quoted.

Why do you not just use the Spotify native app that works well directly with Sonos? After all the differences in the native apps are the main reason to prefer one service over another.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The categories that Spotify allow search to be done on are described here:

This also makes it clear how Spotify control this entirely.