Question

Why is it a $10 poo-poo media box can do more than my $500+ sonos speaker

• 23 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Alright, so i have been really convincing kyself to stick with sonos, and was even waiting for the "late summmer" update so audible would be support but ffs i can stream audio to my denon receiver fromy my phone i can even stream it to my media box that is a $10 dongle. But a 500$+ sophisticated speaker cannot tale a media stream or cannot be connect to my TV unless i have a playbar. I think this is it for me and sonos it has been a good run but... i find myself looking for jew products everyday and honestly the denon heos sounds like a good option i can take audio from anywhere and play it on the speaker. Its sad but i hope more of the sonos community joins in on the boycott as we have been supporting a revolutionary company that is now in the stone age.

I really wish sonos would once again revolutionize.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I can stream Spotify music from my phone's Spotify app directly to any of my zone players without using the native Sonos app at all. I use SpotifyConnect in order to do this.

I can stream music from any of my locally shared network devices directly to any of my zone players without using the native Sonos app at all. I use the BubbleUpnp app in order to do this.

I can stream the audio from any Youtube clip and locally stored video file directly to any of my zone players without using the native Sonos app at all. I use the AllConnect app in order to do this.

I can stream the audio from my Mac directly to any of my zone players without using the native Sonos app at all. I use the SonoAir app in order to do this.

You get my point, I suppose? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Just another nonconstructive rant with a promotion of a competitors inferior kit from a new member with one post. I treat these with a measure of skepticism they probably deserve.

Yes Sonos can connect to a TV, and they provide a dedicated product for that very purpose! There are very good technical reasons why that is the case.

You can add a BT dongle ($15) to a Connect or Play 5 and stream media to that way should you so wish.

Yes the Audible delays are annoying, I'll give you that.

As for Boycott? What boycott. I am a happy customer, there are improvements I'd like to see them make but I don't see a better alternative and for listening to music from my library Sonos 99% there for me.

As for revolutionizing, what do you have in mind?
And you haven't been 'supporting' Sonos. It's not a charity. They put a product up for sale at a particular price and you thought it was worth the money for what it gave you ,so your bought it. That is how markets work.