Answered

Why doesn't the Joe Rogan Experience show up when I search for it in Spotify on Sonos?

• 16 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Before Rogan went to Spotify I could stream his podcast through Stitcher. Now, Stitcher doesn’t work at all and even though I can stream Rogan directly through Spotify, his podcast doesn’t show up when I search for it in Spotify on Sonos. Is it not licensed for Canada, for Sonos? Thx.

icon

Best answer by James L. 16 April 2021, 14:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @coyoteblue,

Spotify has not enabled podcast support for Sonos, so you won’t be able to find them through the Sonos app. However, you may be able to use Spotify Connect to play that content on your Sonos speakers, but be aware, this technically isn’t supported either so your mileage may vary. I’ll certainly submit a feature request for you that you’d like to see Spotify Podcast support (as would I!).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the info and suggestion. Do you know if Stitcher has removed podcast support? I ask because I used it for podcasts for a few years, and then one day a couple of months ago, none of My Sonos  podcastfavourites worked any longer.

Badge +17

Thanks for the info and suggestion. Do you know if Stitcher has removed podcast support? I ask because I used it for podcasts for a few years, and then one day a couple of months ago, none of My Sonos  podcastfavourites worked any longer.

No problem! Stitcher should still work as it has previously. I know they recently upgraded a lot of their back-end systems and had quite a long maintenance period, so it may be worth removing and re-adding your Stitcher account to Sonos. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Will do. Thx.