Answered

Why does Spotify resume from a random playlist when I

• 13 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Whenever I tell my Sonos speaker (a Beam with Google Assistant) to play and it had been previously playing from Spotify, it seems to start playing from a random artist’s playlist, rather than whatever was last playing on that speaker.

Why is this happening…?

Diagnostics: 1513315051

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 March 2020, 23:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hey @koppah 

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

I have taken a look at the diagnostic report and I am not seeing anything that seems to be the issue. May I ask if you have Spotify as your default music service in the Google Assistant app? If not, it may be pulling the music from a queue that you may have set up. Please test this by clearing your queue and ask Google to play your music. If you have multiple music services added on Sonos, make sure to ask Google to play from Spotify so it will play from that service specifically. Once that is done, pause the music and ask Google to resume the music. Let us know if it resumes the music that was played previously or if it played something new.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@David C yup, Spotify is the default. Where do I clear the queue…? 🤔

Thanks for the reply @koppah 

Here is the link to clear the queue from the Spotify app. To clear the queue from the Sonos app, please follow the steps below:

On iOS and Android

1. From the Now Playing screen, tap the QueueIcon.PNG icon to open the queue.
  2. From the Now Playing screen, tap the DrpDwnIconDCR.PNG icon to open the queue.
  3. Tap on “Clear.”