Answered

Why does Sonos limit a Soundcloud playlist to 100 songs??

• 3 December 2015
  • 30 replies

Hello,

I have learned by many people complaining on the forums about Sonos limiting a Soundcloud playlist to 100 songs. Please fix this as I'd like to listen to the supported Soundcloud music service without caps or limitations.

Thank you,
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 10 March 2017, 00:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The xml that Soundcloud return for the API has 100 items in it. That limit is Soundcloud’s choice. Nothing Sonos can do about it.

The xml that Soundcloud return for the API has 100 items in it. That limit is Soundcloud’s choice. Nothing Sonos can do about it.

Agree to disagree - a big enough company like Sonos can at least try harder for the last 4 years to pursue a better user experience for its customers even if this entails talking to Soundcloud (and not “encourage” their user base to talk to Soundcloud on behalf of Sonos). I get that soundcloud is probably used by 4% of Sonos’ user base, but trust me the first moment I see a good alternative I’m out of Sonos ecosystem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

but trust me the first moment I see a good alternative I’m out of Sonos ecosystem.

Good luck finding a similar system that supports Soundcloud. And hopefully that system’s Soundcloud implementation doesn’t also have the 100 item limitation.

but trust me the first moment I see a good alternative I’m out of Sonos ecosystem.

Good luck finding a similar system that supports Soundcloud. And hopefully that system’s Soundcloud implementation doesn’t also have the 100 item limitation.

Thank you, will keep you posted :) 

Badge +1

I’ve been using Sonos systems since 2007 and I’ve had enough. 
Can anyone point me in the right direction of a decent replacement system that just works, without all these annoying “features”...this issue is just one of many

Thanks