Answered

Why does Sonos limit a Soundcloud playlist to 100 songs??

• 3 December 2015
  • 30 replies

Hello,

I have learned by many people complaining on the forums about Sonos limiting a Soundcloud playlist to 100 songs. Please fix this as I'd like to listen to the supported Soundcloud music service without caps or limitations.

Thank you,
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 10 March 2017, 00:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello,

I have learned by many people complaining on the forums about Sonos limiting a Soundcloud playlist to 100 songs. Please fix this as I'd like to listen to the supported Soundcloud music service without caps or limitations.

Thank you,

Hi Kevin, no plans to announce at the time. We'll pass on the suggestion for you. Let us know if you have any other questions we can help with.
Hi Max,

When will this limitation be lifted or the playlist queue amount increase to be in line with the other supported music services maximum queue amount?

Thank you, and I (and many others like Kevin) look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi there, I’m afraid we don’t have any updates at this time. But the moment we have more to share we’ll post it here.
Please allow 100+ songs! Can't play all my songs 😞
I am using Amazon Music
I am using Amazon Music

Well, this thread is about Soundcloud, not Amazon Music. And as far as I know, Amazon Music playlists are not limited to 100 songs.
Posted as it's the same issue, I do have a 100 limit on AM too.
Directed here by @SonosSupport Twitter. Having the same problem.. pls fix. It can't be that hard to double or triple playlist length
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello everyone, we just wanted to let you all know that this is something we've been looking into with the SoundCloud team. There are some technical limitations causing the issue and for the moment it's going to remain as an improvement request for the future. We don't have any specifics as to when or if it will get resolved.

Thanks for all the feedback and we'll update you all if there's any news in the future.
Hello, this problem as I see ist there since 10 months+ now. Is there any Update? Would be nice if you could work on this problem!
Dear Sonos: I understand there are limitations out of your control causing this issue, but I've got to think it's possible to at least display the 100 most recently added tracks, no? This would likely solve our most critical needs as our user experience typically involves wanting to play newly added music on Sonos. Please consider this suggestion 🙂
Please fix this, as it is very annoying. I love my Sonos and Soundcloud together!!!! Not happy with just a small portion of my music!!!! I also have to agree with @jonberadi that we don't even get the most current additions!
Hi, This issue has been around for many years now with no mention of being fixed or a temporary solution to at least show the most recent 100 songs, this is very poor form from a high end company/product. Its absolutely silly to pay for a sonos to connect to services but then not allow to play all my songs from that service. please give everyone at least an update on when it might be getting looked into further. Please put time into fixing it as it is a huge problem for anyone that uses soundcloud for all their music.
Hi, This issue has been around for many years now with no mention of being fixed or a temporary solution to at least show the most recent 100 songs, this is very poor form from a high end company/product. Its absolutely silly to pay for a sonos to connect to services but then not allow to play all my songs from that service. please give everyone at least an update on when it might be getting looked into further. Please put time into fixing it as it is a huge problem for anyone that uses soundcloud for all their music.
Actually, Sonos isn't responsible for the limitation, but SoundCloud is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Exactly. Specifically the Soundcloud SMAPI service does not support paging. The controllers ask for items 100 at a time, but SC only responds to the first "page" (start at #0, give me 100 items), and the second request (start at #100, give me 100 items) fails. SC need to fix this, not Sonos.
Thankyou for explaining! Ill get onto them and see if an upgrade is on the tables in the near future regarding this issue!
Any news on this? Still an issue!!!

Exactly. Specifically the Soundcloud SMAPI service does not support paging. The controllers ask for items 100 at a time, but SC only responds to the first "page" (start at #0, give me 100 items), and the second request (start at #100, give me 100 items) fails. SC need to fix this, not Sonos.

Well that can't be the case anymore, because programms like Rekordbox and Serato can acces the full playlists! This gotta be on Sonos' end now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

This is still a Soundcloud issue. Their SMAPI service has the same bug it has always had. See my earlier reply.

Those other apps use some other API implementation, which I assume does not have this bug. In fact those apps are not allowed to use the Sonos API.

It’s been 4 years, it’d be cool for an update on this for a change lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

As I said before, you need to ask Soundcloud to fix this. Have you?

This issue is really frustrating me too. An update (from either Sonos or soundcloud side) would be nice 

As I said before, you need to ask Soundcloud to fix this. Have you?

How about Sonos changing the API implementation they are using - it’s been 4 years even if the Soundcloud implementation is buggy we are experiencing problems on our Sonos, not on Soundcloud..

So, why does that same API work on other streaming services, just not on SoundCloud? Sonos doesn’t have individual APIs for each service, that would be a nightmare to maintain. 

So, why does that same API work on other streaming services, just not on SoundCloud? Sonos doesn’t have individual APIs for each service, that would be a nightmare to maintain. 

As a developer I agree, as a Sonos customer I don’t.