Question

Why can't I sort Albums by Artist?

• 2 January 2020
  • 3 replies

This has bugged me since I first bought my Sonos Connect. My friend got a Bluesound Node and it has no issues with such a simple task, you got sorting options. I read Sonos is blaming the streaming services everytime someone asks. But since Bluesound solved it… It can't be impossible to fix, can it?

I bought the Connect to try Sonos out. Now I'm about to invest in equipment for my entire house and if Sonos can't listen to their customers, I have no other option than to sell my Connect and buy Bluesound equipment. People have been asking for this many, many years! What's so difficult?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sonos only have control of how “My Music” is displayed. Other music services are programmed by Spotify, Amazon etc. Sonos simply provide those services access to the Sonos API so if there are enhancement required for those integrations then you need to contact them directly. Though if you do mention which service(s) you have gripe with Sonos may well pass on the feedback

Sonos only have control of how “My Music” is displayed. Other music services are programmed by Spotify, Amazon etc. Sonos simply provide those services access to the Sonos API so if there are enhancement required for those integrations then you need to contact them directly. Though if you do mention which service(s) you have gripe with Sonos may well pass on the feedback

Thanks for reply! I use TIDAL, and in the Sonos app I select Browse-TIDAL-My Music-Albums. Is that the My Music you talk about? Since it doesn't work in there, no sorting options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No. “My Music” refers to your own music library which is kept on a PC or external hard drive or NAS. That has various ways to view music - By Artist, Album, Folder

Tidal is a third party streaming service and the options available in their integration within Sonos is down to Tidal