Answered

Why can't I authorize Pandora on my account anymore?

• 25 March 2020
  • 3 replies

I have been using my Pandora account with Sonos for over 2 years. This past week, Sonos told me I needed to reauthorize my Pandora account.  I tried and when I hit “reauthorize,” it did nothing.  I have deleted Pandora from Sonos, I have deleted and re-downloaded my Pandora app from my device- the app is working fine btw, I have deleted and re-downloaded my Sonos app from my device- so yes, it’s up to date, I have signed out of Sonos and back in, I have checked to make sure I have my country registered correctly, I have done all updates to my device and and turned it back off and on… It still will not let me authorize my Pandora account.  The authorize button literally does nothing when I hit it.  Spotify still works, but I don't have their premium service to avoid commercials, and I was able to add my Apple Music account without issue- the stations don't work well for my business with Apple Music though.  Why is Pandora the only thing not working? What am I missing here?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 March 2020, 04:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What is ‘it’ in your statement that you ‘turned it off and on’?  I think you mean the device, so I’d make one more suggestion: try rebooting your router, followed by rebooting the Sonos devices. Beyond that, you’ve done all of the troubleshooting steps, save one.  

I’m assuming you’re in a valid country for Pandora, so beyond the above, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

Yes, I meant the device. I haven’t done the router, so I will try that and will call technical support if it doesn’t work. Thanks for the response. 

Make sure you also reboot all Sonos devices after you reboot the router, so they can pick up any upstream changes there might be.

Good luck!