Answered

why are songs suddenly skipping songs playing spotify through sonos?

• 1 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

It never happened before this latest update.  Anyone else having same issue and any idea how to resolve it?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 June 2021, 15:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I understand Sonos Staff have mentioned in other threads here that they are investigating an issue with Spotify playback in the Sonos App and hopefully the matter will be resolved soon.

You can always use the Spotify App and connect to Sonos that way for the short term, as I think that connection method is not affected by these things.

For me it’s intros of songs sometimes being skipped. I’m using Spotify Connect here.

Not much information, but that suggests a potential issue in your speakers being able to connect properly to your router. Not guaranteed, though. 

I’d suggest a couple of things. First, if you’re running S2, make sure you update to the latest version, released today, 13.1.1. It’s both a client and a firmware update for the speakers.  Wouldn’t hurt to check to see if there’s a Spotify Connect update as well. 

Second, try a refresh of your network. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power, and then reboot your router. Once the router has come back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. Give them a couple of minutes to reboot, then try a new test. 

I’ve installed the latest update and I’ll see how it goes. Thanks Airgetlam!