Answered

Where is Bjork's station?

• 26 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

So, I feel really silly asking this, but:  I can’t find the radio station on S2 that’s been curated by Bjork. The only curated stations that appear in my Sonos Radio > Sonos Presents section of S2 are those by Thom Yorke, Ludwig Goransson, Brittany Howard, Third Man Records, and Full Spectrum/Pride.

Am I missing something obvious? Are there limitations based on country? (I’m in Canada). Is the Bjork “station” actually just part of Sonos Sound System (in which case: where do you find the schedule for that station?). I’m probably missing something obvious. But: I’m also not an idiot. You’d think something this major (from a marketing perspective) would be a lot clearer. (I.e. just trying to figure out what Sonos Sound System is, as a station, has been a challenge).

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by James L. 26 February 2021, 17:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

The Bjork station is showing in the service station list here (see attached), but I’m a Sonos Radio HD subscriber in the U.K. so not sure if it’s a Country setting - Do you subscribe to the HD service?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Aha. No, I don’t have a separate subscription to Radio HD. (I’ve just been using the Sonos Radio segment of the S2 app / didn’t realize there was anything else). Is this accessed through S2? Is there an additional charge? (If so: that’s a bummer. I kind of thought one of the benefits of having Sonos equipment was that you also got access to their proprietary radio stations. Although I also wondered how they afforded to do that. So I guess subscriptions for full access is the answer?)

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

As an aside, we’ve had this discussion before: but I’m absolutely baffled at how bad Sonos is when it comes to on-boarding / UX design. It’s absurd how difficult it is for me to find out information about what should be such a “featured” part of their service. The best I can make-out, from a lot of Googling around, is that Canadians don’t have access to the HD radio service. However, at the same time, the Bjork channel isn’t supposed to be behind the paywall— but maybe that also doesn’t apply to Canada. Are these guys just working with a skeleton crew? Or is their Marketing department really just this incompetent. (Or: is Canada really such an afterthought of a country, that nobody at Sonos cares if Canadians are mystified about why features they advertise aren’t available to us / nor explained as such?)

Badge +17

Hi @tonsure, thanks for reaching out.

Some content on Sonos Radio HD is exclusive to Radio HD customers. I appreciate your interest in the service and can only apologize that it’s not available in Canada yet. In fact, Sonos Radio HD is only available in the US and UK at the time of writing, but we are constantly looking to expand into other territories so watch this space.

As an aside, the non-exclusive content such as the Radio Hour shows that are on Sonos Radio are archived on our Mixcloud page, and while it might not be what you’re looking for in this case, we recently had a Radio Hour with Björk, the link for that is here: Radio Hour with Björk

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/sonos-radio

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks for clearing that up. That being said: since Canadians are also privy to all of your non-Canadian advertising, don’t you think it might be a good idea to actually make some note on the Canadian Sonos web-page that clearly states that we don’t have access to the HD service? Otherwise: it’s just cognitive dissonance. I know it looks bad to tell people what they DON’T have access to. But, the alternative is that Sonos looks incompetent when people in countries who don’t have access to the service spend valuable time trying to figure out why they can’t find the feature that they’re otherwise being advertised. One big problem is that, here in Canada, the Sonos page sometimes reverts to the Canadian page (which has totally different content), but sometimes refreshes as the US page (where Radio HD is indeed a thing). More generally though (and this is probably on me): can someone tell me where it’s possible to find the actual schedule of “radio hours” for the Sonos Sound System station (i..e the yellow icon)? It can’t really just be hit-and-miss, can it? There IS a schedule, right?