WEYV

Just noticed it's available on Sonos Labs. Signed up for free trial, then applied promo code for full 60 day trial. Works great in iOS, Android, and can also login to their website: https://www.weyv.com/#/

When trying to authenticate via the Sonos app, though, it takes me to a different site on AWS, which doesn't recognize my login credentials, including my email address. Sent a note to their support team, letting Sonos know here, as well.

7 replies

So, looks like Sonos points to their QA site, which is completely separate from production. Was able to create another account in QA, and finally found a working promo code worth 30 units, vs 10 for the one that worked in prod.

Their genres selections in the Sonos app are a joke, but searching in Sonos get plenty of hits.
Very flexible station/playlist creation.

Interesting. I'd always taken the assumption that it was the client company (not Sonos) that provided the links to Sonos as to where it should point. I wonder if the reason it is still in labs is that they haven't finished testing, hence the fact that it's not pointing to the production links.
Promo code for a 4-month free trial here: https://www.altair.com/VenturesWeyv.aspx. Generous!

I like their app, though Chromecast doesn't seem to be working. The Sonos integration has a long way to go, it's very Spartan right now. Hopefully they'll eventually include Sonos Direct Control, and an Alexa skill, pretty necessary these days.

Magazine selection is quite limited, mostly "lifestyle" mags. No sign of NYT, WaPo, New Yorker, Atlantic, or anything of any real substance, sadly.
Interesting. I'd always taken the assumption that it was the client company (not Sonos) that provided the links to Sonos as to where it should point. I wonder if the reason it is still in labs is that they haven't finished testing, hence the fact that it's not pointing to the production links.

Yeah, I'm sure it's Altair setting the URL to their QA server, most likely due to the beta status of their Sonos code. Sadly, I've been setting up all kinds of great stations and playlists in their Android and iOS apps, which point to their production server, so the stations aren't showing up in Sonos. Hope they move it to prod soon.
A compromise solution, until they get the Sonos integration pointed to their production server. With a genuine Apple 30-pin adapter, the Dock still works great!

The Sonos integration has now been updated to point to prod. The playlists, stations and albums I've saved in their app now show up in Sonos.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings