Answered

Weird song skipping issue w/ Amazon Music

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I’ve been having a weird issue with my sonos ones and amazon music. Playing any music and when a song ends, the next song starts...then stops...then beginning of the song that just finished starts, then stops, then another song starts and plays thru. If I skip songs...no problem, works fine. Apple Music on them works perfectly. I have echos etc all over the house, not a network issue. Only happening on sonos.

Just started today, been working fine previously.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 8 March 2019, 19:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks Keith
Same exact issue here too. I wonder if it has something to do with the new Song ID feature they just rolled out? I noticed that Song ID does not work with the Sonos like it does on other Echo devices, so maybe Amazon had to change something with the song headers that is messing up Sonos when it tries to move to the next song. I have tried with Song ID both on and off, but same problem on the Sonos.
I am having exactly the same issue with my 2 Sonos 1 and deezer. If I start the play from the app all is fine but using Alexa I get two short bursts of a track between each full track.
Not just Amazon music. I have this issue with Pandora as well. Hello everyone. The team is aware of the skipping behavior on Amazon Music and is taking a closer look at the issue. That said, I will be sure to update this thread when more information becomes available. Thanks for your patience.
I’m having the same issue with amazon music
davidna, since your issue isn't the same as the Amazon one, perhaps you might submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Not just Amazon music. I have this issue with Pandora as well.
This topic is specifically about Amazon Music. If you are having trouble with Pandora and not Amazon Music, it is likely not related as they are different services. As far as I understand, we haven't recognized a problem with Pandora. If the problem only occurs on Pandora, I'd follow Bruce's recommendation above and contact our support team. They will be able to have a closer look and get it sorted.
Read the thread, other services are also mentioned. Deezer, it surely seems to be an overall issue with service playlists. There are also similar thread with other services.

Not just Amazon music. I have this issue with Pandora as well.
This topic is specifically about Amazon Music. If you are having trouble with Pandora and not Amazon Music, it is likely not related as they are different services. As far as I understand, we haven't recognized a problem with Pandora. If the problem only occurs on Pandora, I'd follow Bruce's recommendation above and contact our support team. They will be able to have a closer look and get it sorted.
Badge +1
Looks like everything is back to normal .No more weird skipping.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Exact same issue for me with Amazon Music. Started 2 or 3 days ago.
Mine is back to normal again this morning too.
Praise be! Been driving me nuts! I have deleted my Alexa app and use the Sonos app to play Amazon music and so far no starting/stopping X2 when you get to the end of the song. Will be happy just to ask Alexa again when it's all fixed though.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Listened to my sonos last night for a few hours, no skipping at all. Hopefully it’s all good.
Badge
April 17, around 4:40 PM Pacific time: this issue just started for my Sonos today, with Amazon music. Skipping songs, cutting in and out, and stuttering. All other wifi services are fine and my Sonos is 10' from the router with unobstructed line of sight.
I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Badge
I'm guessing this still hasn't been solved? I've been trying to play a 2 different brown noise sounds from Amazon that are 2 and 6 hours long, and both of them randomly stop for 5 seconds, then start over. No other issues with Spotify, radio or xm, just Amazon

As far as sending a report, I'm using trying to go to sleep when this happens, I don't see myself getting up to do that