Weird impact on YouTube

• 23 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a Beam connected to my TV. When I listen to music on YouTube I like to improve the quality of the sound by connecting the Beam to my Play 5s and sub. I turn down the volume on the lower quality Beam and listen through the other speakers. The strange thing is when doing that the Roku remote control stops working. I can still hear what’s playing but I can’t manipulate the YouTube experience or even turn off the TV. Any ideas why the use of the Play 5s and sub would disable the TV remote?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @grantclowers

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. To help you out with this, I'll be requesting from you in submitting a diagnostic report and include the confirmation number in your response to find out the cause. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.  

Thanks Rowena. The dx # is 27547657