Answered

Volume question

• 18 April 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a sonos connect that is hooked up to two old receivers. The old receivers are of decent, not great, quality - Sony's from the 90s. One receiver is hooked up, through a volume control unit, to a high quality Polk outdoor speaker. It works fine....but in order to get reasonably loud volume I have to have the receiver volume, volume control knob, and Sonos app volume all turned up pretty high (80-90%). If I crank all of them all the way up the volume is realistically as high as I would probably ever want it, but I'm just wondering if there is some issue I'm overlooking? I'm used to receiver volume set far lower. Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Kumar 18 April 2018, 03:39

Are you finding that when you switch sources, the receiver volume control needs to be turned down a long way to get the same sound levels, as from the Connect set at 80-90%? That should not be the case, just some turning down to make up for the fact that the Connect is not at 100% is all that should be needed.

What source needs you to do this?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Are you finding that when you switch sources, the receiver volume control needs to be turned down a long way to get the same sound levels, as from the Connect set at 80-90%? That should not be the case, just some turning down to make up for the fact that the Connect is not at 100% is all that should be needed.

What source needs you to do this?
The only thing I am currently using the receiver for is the connect. I'll try using some other component and see how that affects volume. Thx.