Question

Voice control both Amazon and YouTube Music services?

• 5 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello.  I’m considering buying my first Sonos (the Sonos Move).  What I’d like to be able to do is use voice control to ask the Sonos to play songs from either my Amazon music or YouTube music libraries.  Is this possible?  Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Yes and No.  A single speaker needs to be assigned to either Alexa or Google Assistant, but your Sonos system can be assigned both.  So you could have a google mini where you can say ‘ play XX on <room name>’ while Alexa  is assigned to the Move itself, or switch it and use a echo dot while GA is on the Move itself.  Either Amazon, Google or both, don’t want you to talk to both services on the same device.

Thanks for your reply.  And both music services can be voice-controlled?

The reason I ask is that I have a Bose portable speaker which can be set up to use either Alexa or Google assistant, but even when using Google assistant, it doesn’t support playing from Google Play Music or YouTube music.

Thanks for your reply.  And both music services can be voice-controlled?

The reason I ask is that I have a Bose portable speaker which can be set up to use either Alexa or Google assistant, but even when using Google assistant, it doesn’t support playing from Google Play Music or YouTube music.

Not 100% sure on YouTube music as I never did it myself and don’t want to steer you wrong, but definitely yes on Google play.