Virgin Radio UK no longer available on TuneIn

Hi all, is anyone experiencing the same issue? kind regards, H.

9 replies

It’s appears to be working here for me. See screenshot created a few moments ago.
Thank you, Ken. Bizarre, I just get a message saying ....server cannot be found..
Thank you, Ken. Bizarre, I just get a message saying ....server cannot be found..
Rebooting your router might help.
What happens if you try a different station?
Other stations work fine, it's just Virgin Radio for some reason..
Thank you, Ken. Bizarre, I just get a message saying ....server cannot be found..Just as a thought, are you trying to play this station from a saved 'favourite'? If so, I would remove it and search for the station again in the Sonos search screen, using the 'stations' tab and then make sure, when you locate it, that the station is working and add the (perhaps) new link to your favourites. Hope that fixes it.?
Badge
Yes, I am experiencing this too. I have a current support case open, but thus far not found anything conclusive.

Is your ISP virgin Media by any chance?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sounds like it might be geo-blocked, and maybe Virgin Media ISP is considered outside the allowed area (which would be ironic given it is their radio station!).
Badge
Sounds like it might be geo-blocked, and maybe Virgin Media ISP is considered outside the allowed area (which would be ironic given it is their radio station!).

I'm not so sure. Errors seems to indicate a failure to resolve the url to ip address. I set a static DNS entry on my firewall with the correct resolution and it now works. I accept this is a sticky-plaster fix at the moment.

It feels like VirginMedia has stopped serving that DNS resolution, however there is now another thread where the user is in France, so not a VM customer...

The worrying thing is that Sonos support see a different URL in the diagnostic logs than what I see on the firewall.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings