Answered

Use of YOUTUBE

• 10 September 2017
  • 7 replies

Can i connect to YOUTUBE?
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 10 September 2017, 16:10

Various options:-

Have a TV with Youtube app installed and a Playbar. Also if you have a set top box with the YouTube app (I have a Human HDR with YouTube).
Use a Connect, Connect:Amp or Play 5 and use the line in from your YouTube source (probably PC or Mac). This likely to be rather clunky and will have an audio delay of around 70ms from picture to sound.

Generally though it is worth noting that Sonos is not designed to work as an output for YouTube or rather YouTube want you to watch the videos rather than just listen to the audio.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Various options:-

Have a TV with Youtube app installed and a Playbar. Also if you have a set top box with the YouTube app (I have a Human HDR with YouTube).
Use a Connect, Connect:Amp or Play 5 and use the line in from your YouTube source (probably PC or Mac). This likely to be rather clunky and will have an audio delay of around 70ms from picture to sound.

Generally though it is worth noting that Sonos is not designed to work as an output for YouTube or rather YouTube want you to watch the videos rather than just listen to the audio.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
If you watch YouTube via an iOS device, there is an app I use called 'SonosTube'. It has a variable function to set a time delay to help with lipsync. It's not perfect - a bit clunky, but good enough.
Yes! Any smart TV these days supports YouTube, or use Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, etc. Sonos Playbar/base handles the audio portion, and can share it with any other Sonos device.
Badge
@J Daniel Was wondering for the SonosTube, is it a one time purchase or a monthly subscription thing?
@Sonos I really want a Sonos YouTube app or YouTube music app integrated into Sonos. @Lancesoh I got the SonosTube app (3rd party). I haven't gone past a month yet, but understand it to be a one-time purchase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonostube - is there actually a charge If so its just a one time thing.
SonosTube is a free trial for the first 2 days. Then you're prompted for a one-time, in-app purchase of $5 (or $6 for additional features).