Question

Update Apple Music on Sonos

• 26 October 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 12 replies
Hi, could you guys follow Apple's lead with Apple Music and reflect the changes they made almost a couple of months back, please?
i.e. "My Music" is now "Library", "New" is now "Browse"
The main reason I ask is to finally get a Recently Added section for albums, something many of us have been asking for in general. It is the main way I browse for music. You've always had it for playlists but I never understood why you don't for albums. It is also very prominent in how AM is displayed in both iTunes and the IOS app.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The vast majority of additions to a service are up to the service themselves. The way it works is Sonos provides the API, the service is responsible for the implementation, and both do the testing. The exception to this is if the Sonos API is not capable of supporting the functionality. However, I see nothing about the new changes in Apple Music that are beyond the current Sonos Music Partners API. So although posting here is not without merit, the more effective approach would be to campaign over at Apple Music support.
Userlevel 2
Badge
It's still called My Music, but Recently Added has been added to the My Music list of options!! YAY!!