"unable to play the radio station" for some stations not all

• 24 December 2018
  • 5 replies

I can play 91.1 MPR, 99.5 Classical MPR, 88.5 Jazz. I cannot play 107.9 Kool 108, 97.1 Cities 97.

Please help me fix this.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, enso. What happens when you try to play them? Do these stations work on TuneIn's own website?
I see a popup with the error message I posted in the thread's title ("unable to play the radio station"). I don't know anything about a website for TuneIn.
I found that website and I can't seem to find those station's call letters there. Why were they stopped/dropped? Why doesn't Sonos give a better message about what's going on?
www.tunein.com is the TuneIn website.

Some station owning companies have removed their content from TuneIn, and put it on their own streaming areas, like iHeart radio and radio.com, both of which are available to be installed as feeds in the Sonos controller.
Okay. I found both the stations on iheart radio and added that service. Now I'm trying to add those two stations to "my radio stations" but I can't figure out how to do that (note: not 'my sonos' because Reasons, but 'browse' > 'my radio stations'). Can someone point me to the specific steps?