'Unable to play _____ the Connection to Spotify was lost' - Nov 2018

• 1 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Seems like there are loads of these threads. No definitive fix. Not sure if this is a Spotify or Sonos issue so will post on both forums.

Been a Google Play Music user for the last few years, but switched to Spotify for its recommendations and sharing options. Regretting it. GPM and Sonos were bullet-proof. Spotify and Sonos are constantly causing problems, and the integration is inferior - no Artist view? No Radio stations?

Currently unable to play Spotify at all via my Sonos, either from Sonos, or using direct play from my desktop/Android app. Only get the message 'Unable to play _______ the connection to Spotify was lost'.

Have restarted all Sonos speakers and the bridge, restarted router, re-added my Spotify account, etc etc. No dice.

Diagnostic: 82238290

Anything else to try?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Be patient. Spotify experiences a world wide outage.
Badge
I had the same issue and this fixed it - Settings > Account Settings > re enter Sonos Account details. It seems the last update wiped this and it is essential for the connection to Spotify.
Badge
Be patient. Spotify experiences a world wide outage. - Spotify account is fine and working independently of Sonos

I had the same issue and this fixed it - Settings > Account Settings > re enter Sonos Account details. It seems the last update wiped this and it is essential for the connection to Spotify. - When I go here my acccount is still registered, so this doesn't work for me

thanks for the suggestions both
Badge
aaaaaalthough it's now working again. Seems like patience was indeed the correct answer.
Re-autorized Spotify in the iOS app restored the connection for me. Now I can play Spotify trough the Sonos Controller however playing from Spotify is not working.