Answered

Unable to play “Sonos Radio” Access denied

• 20 November 2020
  • 35 replies

Can’t play any radio station at all all of a sudden, 

I get :“Unable to play “Sonos radio” access denied  or “unable to play the radio station” messages despite being logged in and able to play other music via Apple or Tidal without issue, internet connection good etc.

Have logged out and back in and tired from multiple devices, same.

icon

Best answer by gebrouwe 21 November 2020, 09:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Badge

I found the same solution as @dspdon.

Settings > Services & Voice > Sonos Radio > “Reauthorize account”

Can’t play any radio station at all all of a sudden, 

I get :“Unable to play “Sonos radio” access denied  or “unable to play the radio station” messages despite being logged in and able to play other music via Apple or Tidal without issue, internet connection good etc.

Have logged out and back in and tired from multiple devices, same.

Yep, me too. But (as I think an earlier post has mentioned) I can still play TuneIn stations.

Oh boy, am I fed up with the inconsistencies and lack of support from Sonos. Seems this is a frequent glitch, but there’s no instant chat for a technician to suggest fixes etc. We all pay a premium price for Sonos products and they don’t give a damn about customer service.

I stumbled into what appears to be a solution. Meaning it’s working now but a mystery as to why it’s been down for so long to and why this worked...

I went to Settings > Services & Voice > Sonos Radio. Then I saw “Reauthorize account”. Never seen that before. I tried it. It failed. So of course I tried it again. Hmmm. It still came back with “Reauthorize account” but no failure.  Now Sonos Radio works.  This seems fairly mysterious.

Does this have something to do with the recent addition of the new paid HD Radio service?

Two days in a row I tried to listen to Sonos Radio and got this error.  Was able to reauthorize account and voila it works.  A sad trend to be sure.  Why bother you might ask.  I would agree with you.  

I stumbled into what appears to be a solution. Meaning it’s working now but a mystery as to why it’s been down for so long to and why this worked...

I went to Settings > Services & Voice > Sonos Radio. Then I saw “Reauthorize account”. Never seen that before. I tried it. It failed. So of course I tried it again. Hmmm. It still came back with “Reauthorize account” but no failure.  Now Sonos Radio works.  This seems fairly mysterious.

Does this have something to do with the recent addition of the new paid HD Radio service?

Two days in a row I tried to listen to Sonos Radio and got this error.  Was able to reauthorize account and voila it works.  A sad trend to be sure.  Why bother you might ask.  I would agree with you.  

Thanks so much for your advice, @Bailes . I didn’t get a ‘fail’  as @dspdon did - my reauthorise worked. And now I have Sonos Radio again! 

Three days and counting.  So it seems to use Sonos’ own music service you have to authenticate every day.   A feature not a bug right?

Having the same problem since a couple of days. "Re-authorize" works (for now). Nice feature! 

THIS WORKED FOR ME ALSO … cheers 👍👍👍

Worked for me too! ANd helped me troubleshoot why other services weren’t working either. Thanks to the community for figuring this out, particularly @dspdon. If only the Sonos support team was better at finding these fixes…!

@mgibson323 

This worked for me as well - I have the Sonos amp and unplugging it and plugging it back in totally solved the problem of not being able to play Sonos Radio. 

This indeed fixed the problem with no delay! Why do I think that Sonos support should know this? Or the problem should have been fixed for a long time already?