Question

Unable to play "song title" - the spotify account login information is invalid

Hello.

We have a Sonos system here at my work. I am attempting to reconfigure the whole system with the Sonos Boost, which was successful. I have now placed the speakers back to their original spots.

I have linked the spotify account with the sonos app successfully, but when I attempt to play a song, i get an error message “ Unable to play "song title" - the spotify account login information is invalid”

I have also tried linking my own spotify account, with the same issue.

I do notice that when the spotify is not linked, the sonos speakers are still active on the spotify connect, although can’t connect to it either way.

Sound cloud does work fine aswell, just spotify that is not working.

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

I’m having the same issue! A few things I’ve tried after reading through way too many forums...

• I’ve removed the Facebook app integration
  • I’ve deleted and reinstalled both the Spotify and Sonos controller apps
  • I’ve changed/updated my password in both apps
  • I’ve reauthorized Spotify account in Sonos app (like 50x), no luck

I’m out of ideas here. 

I’m also having this issue. I’ve tried all of the above multiple times.

See here:https://status.sonos.com/

I’m having the same issue. 

I’ve already tried removing the spotify app from facebook settings and all other possible solutions listed by nptower7.

I believe this issue started when I removed facebook login from my spotify account in favor of apple id login.

Regardless of the “All Systems Operational” status, I’m still getting the “Unable to play "song title" - the Spotify account login information is invalid” message. 

Same issue here and I’ve tried remedying using all of the steps posters have offered above.

My issue is not resolved, regardless of the status saying Spotify connections are in a good state.

My system just started working with Spotify! I unplugged the Sonos for 10 seconds and then plugged it back in. Please try!

If you’re still experiencing issues after trying @mdunn93 excellent suggestion, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

I have been having the same issue. I keep getting the “account information not valid” error every time. I have changed passwords.  I have removed and added Spotify, I have reauthorized the account, and I even created a new Spotify account added that account to my Sonos and got the same error. All other apps work, Sonos is just not getting the account details from Spotify for some reason. 

Any other ideas?

I have been having the same issue. I keep getting the “account information not valid” error every time. I have changed passwords.  I have removed and added Spotify, I have reauthorized the account, and I even created a new Spotify account added that account to my Sonos and got the same error. All other apps work, Sonos is just not getting the account details from Spotify for some reason. 

Any other ideas?

This is infuriating!

My post from three days ago is still valid. 

I actually just did the unplug method and that worked. I also uninstalled the app while unplugged and then reinstalled after plugging back in and Spotify worked. 

I tried to call support. The dude was nice and tried to be helpful, but couldn’t figure it out. He put me on hold to dig deeper and then the line disconnected. So, not at all helpful. 

I waited a couple of weeks, deleted Spotify, re-installed it, tried it again and now it works just fine. So, who knows what was going on. 

The silver lining is that I figured out how Air Play works on my phone, so that’s something at least.