Question

unable to play “song title” access is denied.

Badge

Hello,

I am playing music through the new Sonos app on my iPhone using the music add-on called “Anghami”. 
Everything was running perfectly until yesterday afternoon when I got: “unable to play XXX - access is denied”. 
I have uninstalled the Anghami add-on and linked it again with no success. 
Can you please advise?

Best,

Samer.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @samerazzi, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about the Anghami Music Service, I’ll ask for some details to further assist you in this issue.

• When did it start happening that you’re getting this error message?
  • Have you tried another controller to see if the issue persists?
  • Is it working properly on the Anghami Native app?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd the Anghami Music Service from the Sonos App, not the native App?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi @Simon B ,

The problem started on Monday afternoon (it was working properly in the morning). 
The only contrôler I have to Sonos is on my phone. 
Everything is working properly on the Anghami app.
I have removed and reinstalled the Anghami add-on, and the problem persisted. 

Also, note that I am getting this message for the majority of the songs, not all of them. 

Thanks for your help,

Samer. 

Hello,

I have the same problem on all speakers and with all controllers.

I have also tried to remove and add the service. 

Regards,

I am also facing same issue. Any suggestions?

@Simon B Please provide some solution for this

Badge

When did you guys start facing those issues?

@samerazzi  Yesterday morning my boss complained about this. As we have sonos in our office. We have 2 playlists linked with anghami. 1 is working fine but from other playlist some songs are working some are giving error access denied

Badge

I have been facing this with most of the songs (all playlists included). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @samerazzi@noman308 and @MAW, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern, You may check this link about Parental Controls that may be causing this issue. 

Badge

Hi @Simon B ,

this is what I have under parental control:

Still not working. 
thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @samerazzi, thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to check valuable information on what could be causing the issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.   

When did you guys start facing those issues?

It was working fine until Monday morning. 

Hi @samerazzi, thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to check valuable information on what could be causing the issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.   

Dear @Simon B this my confirmation number 1042815979. Thanks 

Hi @Simon B ,

this is what I have under parental control:

Still not working. 
thanks. 

@Simon B I have the same as above in Parental Controls

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MAW, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking on the diagnostic report that you’ve sent. I saw Audio dropouts and Audio Playback error on the Sonos products. I’ll ask you to do a power cycle on all the Sonos products and check if that will work. 

Hi @MAW, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report upon checking on the diagnostic report that you’ve sent. I saw Audio dropouts and Audio Playback error on the Sonos products. I’ll ask you to do a power cycle on all the Sonos products and check if that will work. 

@Simon B powered off and on all speakers and still the same issue

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MAW, thanks for the immediate response. Regarding your concern, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They’re open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 10 pm EST. 

Badge

Hi @Simon B 

1463523362 Is my diagnosis number. 
i am having a new error today: unable to play “song name” the connection to Anghami was lost. 

Hi @Simon B 

1463523362 Is my diagnosis number. 
i am having a new error today: unable to play “song name” the connection to Anghami was lost. 

All my playlists, and almost all Anghami generated playlists, have disappeared from the Sonos app. The few that are still there are now working. Very strange. I think it’s the Anghami/Sonos interface. Not sure if this interface is at the speaker or over a Sonos server. 

It is definitely an interconnectivity issue between Anghami and Sonos. I removed my Anghami account from Sonos and cannot added back!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MAW, thanks for the update. I appreciate your time doing some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue., but regarding your issue. 

I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

They’re open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 10 pm EST. 

Badge

It is definitely an interconnectivity issue between Anghami and Sonos. I removed my Anghami account from Sonos and cannot be added back!

Hi @MAW 

the same thing just happened to me except that I don’t have any playlist left on Anghami. 
Cannot re-authorize it too!

Badge

@MAW @Simon B 

this is what I am getting when trying to reauthorize

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @samerazzi, thanks for the update, and Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. If you’ve tried some troubleshooting steps and it’s still not working.

I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

They’re open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 10 pm EST. 

Badge

Hi have managed to reaurhorize anghami, 

i can see my playlists again. But I’m still receiving “the connection to anghami was lost” when I try to play a song.