Answered

Unable to play SiriusXM stations after Sonos update

• 25 May 2022
  • 6 replies

I did the Sonos update today (05-25-22) and now my Sonos won’t play some Sirius XM stations anymore, it gives message the Station is Unavailable, which is wrong. Seems this has happened before and is a Sonos issue (not Sirius XM).  Sigh...please fix this one like ASAP!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 May 2022, 19:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

More likely a local network issue, I fear. Try unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, and reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices, wait a minute or two for the network to settle down, then test again. 

Thank you for this suggestion….i already tried that one before posting and it didn’t fix the issue.

Then I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There will likely be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution, whether it’s on Sonos’ side, or with SiriusXM, or somewhere in between on the internet.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

This issue resolved itself….not sure how but it did.

I am having the same problem.  I have the S1 App, Sonos CONNECT and Sonos Play 3.  Updated the app in order to bring the CONNECT back to life.  Now I get the “Unable to play (XM channel) - the connection was lost” error.

It worked fine yesterday before updating.  Tried rebooting both Sonos units and router, no effect.  Tried removing and re-adding Sirius XM service from app, no effect.

Might be best, then,  to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. They will likely want to know which SiriusXM channel you’re testing with, too.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.