Unable to play Pandora access is denied.

• 5 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Every day I am receiving the Sonos App errror message on my iPhone of “Unable to play Pandora access is denied”.  Each day I have to re-athorize my Pandora account to correct this issue.  Can SONOS please tell me why I have to re-authorize every day, this is such a hassle.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @msppiper.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I’m not so sure why your pandora account keeps on disconnecting in the system.

But what you can try is to remove and add back the pandora subscription in Sonos app then try to reauthorize it again.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Just adding that I’m having the same issue, past several days. Having to reauthorize Pandora once or twice a day.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Matt Sound.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I’ll be tempted to do a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices wait for 1-2 minutes, and test it again

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

I am having the same problem on computer and iPhone. It is not reasonable to constantly have to restart, refresh, reboot and reauthorize this app! What is Sonos doing to fix this issue? This is not a user friendly product.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @goeatwhatever.

That's odd that both devices are not working properly, I would suggest checking this article about Wifi interference since multiple devices are currently affected.

I am having the same issue. Every time I try to play Pandora through Sonos I need to go to Services and reauthorize my account. So frustrating that it takes multiple steps to play music through Sonos. I really hop Sonos is doing something to fix this as this was not an issue until about a month ago.

I too am having this problem.  I have to reactivate every time I use sonos.  Seems this is a continuous problem with numerous people.  Sonos should be looking into this to see how to fix it.

Badge

Was anyone able to resolve Pandora constantly needing to be “reauthorized”?

Seems every controller device daily will flash a needs-reauthorization message (Mac, iPad, iPod, phone) Once authorized it works but quite a pain to do so on every controller every day.

This started  happening to my system within the past week.

(I have ~25 devices, restarting them all is not that simple.)

Same problem here.   add/remove only works for a limit amount of time  Please advise.

I’d recommend that immediately after you have this issue pop up again, you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Its pretty clear that this is not endemic to Sonos software, otherwise the forums would be jammed with reports. I suspect that it’s likely either wifi interference , as indicated above by the Sonos rep, or some other local issue between the Sonos speakers and Pandora’s authorization server.

Anecdotal reports don’t have the same level of information that is contained in a diagnostic, and even if it does turn out to be a Sonos issue, they’ll be able to find it much more quickly with that data when you provide it.