Answered

Unable to play ONLY radio deejay

Badge

Hi, since i updated yesterday 26|4|2022 my SONOS, the italian radio called Radio DeeJay (Milano/Lombardia/Italia) is not working anymore. SONOS gets it from TuneIn, I tried on the TuneIn website and also there Radio DeeJay doesn't work...whilst both on Sonos and on TuneIn the other radios from the same city are working well… anyone can help?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Steelstar 29 April 2022, 00:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Which suggests that the problem is between TuneIn and Radio Deejay, and most likely with Radio Deejay. Have you tried contacting them directly? All Sonos does is point to the url that is provided to them by TuneIn...and TuneIn just points to the url that is provided to them by Radio Deejay. 

Are you playing the station from a favorite?  If so, try playing it from the TuneIn section.  The URL may have changed , making the favorite out of date.  If it works from TuneIn, delete and re-add the favorite.

They did say that it wasn’t working on the TuneIn website, which leads me to believe the issue is Radio Deejay, rather than Sonos or TuneIn. I’ve seen other streamers that were unaware that their “public” streaming server was down. 

Badge

@Airgetlam i tried to reach them directly but not answer yet

Badge

@jgatie i tried to do so as well but it doesnt work. I want to try by adding manually the URL but i dont know where to find Radio DeeJay stream URL , where can i find it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I discovered the same yesterday. This is a big problem, since Radio Deejay is one the most important radio stations in Italy.

I discovered that if I ask Alexa to play "Radio Deejay" it still works as usual, but if you try to play from Tune In service inside Sonos app it says something like "Radio Deejay no longer available on Sonos Radio". Mytuner is the same.

This is unacceptable considering the importance of this station in Italy. I really hope this is a temporary problem. As of now, you cannot use it as alarm for example.

You can still probably use an Alexa routine to do the same thing, but it would be weird to say the least that you cannot even listen to the radio on such a high end level system like Sonos.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

After some testing, it looks like that the service "Radioplayer" can still play Radio Deejay, so I'm using that instead of Tune In, Mytuner or Radio.net, which don't work.

Hope it helps you too.

Userlevel 7

@jgatie i tried to do so as well but it doesnt work. I want to try by adding manually the URL but i dont know where to find Radio DeeJay stream URL , where can i find it?

This URL should work:

http://streamcdnb1-4c4b867c89244861ac216426883d1ad0.msvdn.net/radiodeejay/radiodeejay/play1.m3u8

Badge

@Steelstar how u can use RadioPlayer with SONOS? when i look for a radio stations in SONOS, by default SONOS goes to Tune IN…

@GuitarSuperstar 

thanks for the URL, it works magic! was so annoying waking up in the morning and not having your preferite radio on! thank u!!!!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Steelstar how u can use RadioPlayer with SONOS? when i look for a radio stations in SONOS, by default SONOS goes to Tune IN…

@GuitarSuperstar

thanks for the URL, it works magic! was so annoying waking up in the morning and not having your preferite radio on! thank u!!!!!!

You must add the service to the system. Go to "impostazioni / servizi e voce /" and add it from there.

Badge

@Steelstar done! u guys are awesome 🤗