Unable to find songs/albums from Amazon Music Unlimited in the Sonos Controller

Badge
the title should say 'certain songs/albums' but can't edit it now

We recently upgraded to Amazons subscription service, Music Unlimited.

However when searching for albums using the Sonos controller (windows 10), it simply doesn't find some albums that are searchable on the Amazon website.

Just to clarify - yes I've checked the album is available for streaming via Music Unlimited (as opposed to being an mp3 purchase which they also offer) on the amazon website, and yes I'm searching Amazon Music Unlimited in the search bar.

Any ideas?

29 replies

I have exactly the same issue. Do Sonos respond on this forum or is there a more official support channel?
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi folks,

You should be able to browse the library for Amazon Music Unlimited through the Sonos app. It's possible that some albums are not available in Amazon Music Unlimited, or that there are regional restrictions in play. Which albums are you trying to find? Where are you located?

Please reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.
Thanks Jeff.

Diagnostics ref is 393995035

The issue is not a regional one or unavailability on Amazon Music Unlimited. I am UK based and I can access all the albums I want via the Amazon app, but searching in Sonos only brings up results that I've recently downloaded from Amazon Unlimited. In fact that's all it will display in a search result. I can't actually get any music from my Amazon account even though it is a registered, authorised and linked music service.

Maybe completely unrelated, but I've also recently lost all my Sonos playlists, so in fact, apart from what on my local music library PC I can't really access very much at all at the moment! Could the two issues be related? My family would love me to get our playlists back!

Thanks, Rob.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
rob chapman wrote:

Thanks Jeff.

Diagnostics ref is 393995035

The issue is not a regional one or unavailability on Amazon Music Unlimited. I am UK based and I can access all the albums I want via the Amazon app, but searching in Sonos only brings up results that I've recently downloaded from Amazon Unlimited. In fact that's all it will display in a search result. I can't actually get any music from my Amazon account even though it is a registered, authorised and linked music service.

Maybe completely unrelated, but I've also recently lost all my Sonos playlists, so in fact, apart from what on my local music library PC I can't really access very much at all at the moment! Could the two issues be related? My family would love me to get our playlists back!

Thanks, Rob.

Thanks for sending in the report. I can't see any reason in your report that explains why you can't browse Amazon Music Unlimited. Sonos playlists are stored on the memory of the speakers themselves. They should remain available on your system as long as your don't factory reset your speakers or set up a new system with your app. It would be best to have our phone team take a look at this issue live, Please give us a call, you can find our phone number and hours here.
Badge
Jeff S wrote:

Hi folks,

You should be able to browse the library for Amazon Music Unlimited through the Sonos app. It's possible that some albums are not available in Amazon Music Unlimited, or that there are regional restrictions in play. Which albums are you trying to find? Where are you located?

Please reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.

Thanks for your reply Jeff - as I'd said in my original post though the albums are definitely searchable through Amazon Music Unlimited on their website, they just aren't being found in the Controller App.

I'll submit a diagnostics report tonight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I live in the UK and have Amazon Music Unlimited too, so If someone can provide a missing album title here, I am happy to try to replicate the issue and maybe provide screenshots etc. Are you also showing all the album titles using the 'more' option on the right hand side (see screenshot).
Hi Ken. I'm at work at the moment so cannot get screen grab until this evening, but basically I can't search for 'any'. I get them all on my Amazon Music Unlimited app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Rob,

Have you tried reauthorising your Amazon Music Account in the Sonos App 'Settings/My Music Services'... and accepting the account linking/sharing agreement?

I would also check your country codes in both your main Sonos Profile online and also your Amazon Music account online.
Badge
Hi Ken - I am also at work so can't search my home system but from Memory, searching Amazon Music Unlimited in the Sonos Controller for 'Great Big Sea' returned on only one album. Searching the website returns eight, for example. UK based as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
frugalpenguin wrote:

Hi Ken - I am also at work so can't search my home system but from Memory, searching Amazon Music Unlimited in the Sonos Controller for 'Great Big Sea' returned on only one album. Searching the website returns eight, for example. UK based as well.

Here are my results for 'great big sea'. See screenshots attached...

First screenshot is Sonos App with 'More' option selected to see all.
Second screenshot is Amazon App where I selected to see all albums.

I haven’t yet gone through both lists but they look same/similar, I think.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
frugalpenguin,

Is it possible you may not have seen the 'more' option in the Sonos App as shown in the attached further screenshot...

I have seen others miss this option in the past, so it’s perhaps a case that Sonos developers need to make it a little more obvious, but without spoiling the overall look of the results screen too much.
Hi Ken

Here is a screen grab from my PC based controller. A simple search for 'Led Zep' returns nothing.

One thing I have noticed is that when I try and add a service or reauthorise (reauthorize) my current Amazon Music service on Sonos it takes me to Amazon.com (for which I have no login), whereas my my account is with Amazon.co.uk. Could this be the issue?

My online account profile with Sonos is set to UK.

Thanks.

Rob
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Rob,

Yes I suspect so ... see this link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201248840

Sometimes though, it is easier to contact your local Amazon Customer Support and speak to them about the issue.
Badge
I'm happy to confess I was being an idiot here.

I was searching stations and not albums. It wasn't immediately obvious to me (I have poor eyesight) that the tabs across the top are stations/artist/album/etc.

So egg on my face. Thank you for your help Ken.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
frugalpenguin wrote:

I'm happy to confess I was being an idiot here.

I was searching stations and not albums. It wasn't immediately obvious to me (I have poor eyesight) that the tabs across the top are stations/artist/album/etc.

So egg on my face. Thank you for your help Ken.

frugalpenguin,

I personally think the search facility in the Sonos App could do with a bit of an overall anyway, not least as we see two of those search-tabs have the same label of 'Genres'... so it certainly needs a bit of TLC.

I have reported the duplicate 'Genres Tab Label' matter by the way.

I’m also not criticising anyone here either, as I suspect the work needed in the search facility has been put on the back-burner a little, due to the impending 'google home' update and a few other far more pressings things that Sonos have publicly announced for later this year.
Badge
AM Unlimited does not work. Any search for an artist returns "no results found". Have struggled with this for over a half hour this morning. I have had enough problems with Sonos Controller that I am looking at third party apps like Zonos on my Win10 platform. Tired of struggling with Sonos software that is supposed to be easy to use but just doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
sheltoneast wrote:

AM Unlimited does not work. Any search for an artist returns "no results found". Have struggled with this for over a half hour this morning. I have had enough problems with Sonos Controller that I am looking at third party apps like Zonos on my Win10 platform. Tired of struggling with Sonos software that is supposed to be easy to use but just doesn't work.

I can’t find the Artist 'AM Unlimited' in the native Amazon Music App either (no results found)... who are they?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ken_Griffiths wrote:

I can’t find the Artist 'AM Unlimited' in the native Amazon Music App either (no results found)... who are they?

Ken, I think "AM" stands for Amazon Music in this case. I don't think Nexusnet is specifying exactly what search terms he's using, or the location he's searching from.
Badge
AM Unlimited is Amazon Music Unlimited. Searches for any artist via Sonos on my Amazon Music Unlimited source yielded no results. Same searches via Zonos work fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Oh yes sorry, how stupid am I?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Nexusnet,

Does this help at all? See screenshot attached.
Ken, the answer is "not at all". My first reaction was "Amplitude Modulation", and was thinking we were talking about a TuneIn issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
My first thought was Agricultural & Mechanical personally. Or perhaps it was sort of morning music.:D

And FYI, I do searches by artist frequently with no issues. I'm in the US (United States)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Airgetlam wrote:

Ken, the answer is "not at all". My first reaction was "Amplitude Modulation", and was thinking we were talking about a TuneIn issue.

I actually went off searching the music services and even Google for a band called AM Unlimited. I actually tried:
AM Unlimited
A.M. Unlimited
A. M. Unlimited
A M Unlimited
A&M Unlimited
A & M Unlimited etc etc.

And at no point did it register with me ...and the stupid part is I actually subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited myself.

Note to self ... “must try harder next time”!!😳
Nexusnet wrote:

AM Unlimited is Amazon Music Unlimited. Searches for any artist via Sonos on my Amazon Music Unlimited source yielded no results. Same searches via Zonos work fine.

Removing AM from Sonos and re-adding it is worth a try.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2853?language=en_US

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings