Answered

Unable to connect to Sonos in Spotify app.

• 30 November 2017
  • 45 replies

Userlevel 2
Ive been streaming music using Spotify app (premium) for a while and was working great up untill a few days ago .Spotify shows my Sonos as being available for connection , but when selected it will no longer connect .i am now only able to use my Spotify account if i access it through the Sonos app .Any known fix for this would be greatfull .Ive contacted both Spotify and Sonos for Support been no help , tried everything they've suggested but still will no longer connect ......Help.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 4 December 2017, 20:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

45 replies

Issue is the same here, cannot select device through Spotify app but can through Sonos app 😞
I have same problem - choosing any of my Sonos devices in the Spotify app is not working
Same here after latest update. Spotify shows connected speakers but when selected it goes back playing on mobile device. Using Android and Sonos latest updates. Anyway to revert back to last version before update?
Same issue here as well. Can only use Spotify now via the Sonos app. After resetting my entire network - my speakers no longer show as an option in Spotify, where previously they did and I still could not connect.

Now, nothing... There have been more and more issues with Sonos and Spotify - very frustrating for premium services.
Same problem here. Somewhat glad to see it has nothing to do with me (wrong settings or so) but very frustrating it isn't fixed yet.
8166223 is my diagnostics report
Have the same issue, have made sure I have latest spotify and sonos on android. But nothing happens when I try to select a device.
Same issue with all my Android devices after last upgrade of Spotify app. Had one device that had not updated yet, on that one it worked fine until I upgraded to the latest Spotify app.
Badge
Same problem, seems to be isolated to Android (7.1.2) in my case.
There is another thread with exactly this topic, seems to be the 'bigger' thread. With good support form Sonos, but so far to no avail (Sunday 3rd december):
https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/spotify-playback-issues-on-november-30th-december-1-2017-6795326
Hi Bernard, the thread you link to has been closed to comments for some reason - has anyone had this issue fixed yet? Tech support have said this should be resolved - still broken for me.
Hi Brian (and all others) - the thread was closed indeed, strange.
Today I caleld Sonos and was helped extensively, the tech dialled in my PC, had a look at many things, gathered a lot of info.

HOWEVER... 5 minutes ago I read one of the last comments on the other thread, about using one version earlier of Spotify, and VOILA!!
LINK:
https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1671480

This is 8 4 24 871. Apparently you can even upgrade to current one and still keep it working. My Spotify switches nice and crisp from PC, to Sonos, to Phone, etc.

WEIRD. But so far so good. GOOD LUCK!!!
Having the same issues since recent updates. Tried various devices and will always allow me to choose sonos but then does nothing else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. As some of you may have discovered, we are currently tracking a problem regarding Spotify Connect and some Android devices. If this problem sounds familiar check out this thread.

If you have a moment, I recommend giving our technicians a call so we can gather some data in real time, create a case and forward that information to our senior technicians. Thank you for your patience while we work on this.
Hi Keith, thanks for your attention. However, the other thread you mention got to five pages, then was closed by Jeff, citing a resolution which does not exist. Other owners have achieved a workaround by rolling back Spotify to a previous version; I appreciate this might raise issues about installing software from unauthorised sources, however. I think that merging all of the various threads on the topic would be a more suitable response so we and you can better understand the scale of the issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi Keith, thanks for your attention. However, the other thread you mention got to five pages, then was closed by Jeff, citing a resolution which does not exist. Other owners have achieved a workaround by rolling back Spotify to a previous version; I appreciate this might raise issues about installing software from unauthorised sources, however. I think that merging all of the various threads on the topic would be a more suitable response so we and you can better understand the scale of the issue.
The thread has been reopened and the answer has been edited to address regarding this newer issue.
Yep same for me, Spotify won't connect with my phone or tablet.
Nothing happens here either when connecting to Sonos5 of Sonos3 via Spotify. Both devices are visible to latest version of Spotify Android but once selected to play, nothing happens... Extremely annoying!
Badge
Add me to the list. In Finland. Spotify version 8.4.30.688. Android 7.1.1. I've been following this issue out of interest and testing occasionally over the last few days. Worked well for me all the time, even yesterday, but today no longer connects to 1st gen Play5.

When I started writing this post it still connected fine to a Sonos Connect (I tested connecting about 5 times) but during writing right now no longer connects even to it. Very odd. Restarting the play5 did not help.

I can connect directly to the amplifier from Spotify fine (amp connected to the Sonos Connect). Waiting time for phone support is over 1 hour but I'll try later.
Same problem here... Spotify app - white speaker device (Can't select) and the SONOS app working.... 😞