Unable to browse TuneIn

I am unable to browse / search TuneIn from the Mac App. I can still listen to TuneIn stations saved in Sonos Favorites, but cannot find new ones.

11 replies

What happens when you try?

I think I'd try a couple of things. First, try rebooting your router. A fresh DNS might help. Second, I'd actually try a reboot of your speaker(s) as well...a full power cycle.

Have you tried browsing from the TuneIn website itself on your Mac? That might be a good test to tell whether you really need to reboot the router or not.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi there, pandigital. Are you able to browse TuneIn on other Sonos controllers? This will help us to determine if the problem is isolated to the computer or if there is something wrong with the account or connection. Thanks!
Hi Keith N - It works fine on the iOS and Android Apps and on a mac running Sonos 9.2
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Understood. The Mac is what you are having trouble with, correct? You may want to check for a Sonos Controller Update, as we are currently on version 9.3.
The Mac that I am having problems with is running 9.3 - the one running 9.2 is working
To reiterate - I can still listen to TuneIn channels that I have saved in Sonos favourites, but I cant browse Radio by TuneIn
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
I see. If the problems only occur on a specific controller and cannot be reproduced on another controller on the same network, it leads me to believe there could be something wrong with that particular instance of the Sonos Controller app.

Typically "unable to browse errors" stem from account authorization or token validation problems, and they usually happen across all controllers. Since Radio by TuneIn cannot be removed and re-added, I'd recommend uninstalling the Sonos app from the Mac altogether and then re-installing it. Since all the music service information is stored on the speakers themselves, you shouldn't lose any information regarding favorites or saved radio stations.

If the issues persist, it may be a good idea to give our support technicians a call. They can set up a remote session and have a much closer, real-time look at what is happening when this Mac tries to reach out to Radio by TuneIn.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Ive had the same issues the last few days. Unable to browse Radio TuneIn. This happened in early December but went away. I am trying to browse with the windows app.

Did you follow the suggestions made by Keith N, the Sonos employee who posted just above your post?
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Airgetlam wrote:

Did you follow the suggestions made by Keith N, the Sonos employee who posted just above your post?

I just got a new laptop over the holidays and installed the Sonos App on Monday when I got to work.

I had this happen a month ago and it started working a few days later. So I will probably see if it continues. If not working next week, I might try the un/reinstall of the app.

I replied to the post just to let Sonos know its not just one user on one platform.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Status Update
I tested one last time yesterday at my worksite. Still didn't work.
I just traveled back home and now have connected to my home system, where I installed my Sonos Windows App for the first time a few weeks ago. Radio TuneIn worked!
So might be something with the setup and between the two systems.
Since my work setup doesn't have wireless, I have no way to setup or change configuration, so I will probably not try to much there. Don't wont to get my speaker hosed needing setup/configuration.
So not quite sure what the issue is at the worksite. When I had this problem last year, I went to web and tried the Radio Tunein App to be sure it wasn't blocked by the IT dept there. I haven't tried that again this year, so I will do that test next week.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Status Update 2
Just got back to my worksite. And now the Radio TuneIn is working. Haven't reinstalled. So not sure why it is again working.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings