Question

Unable to browse music. There was a problem connecting to (TuneIn, Pandora, iHeartRadio)

• 20 November 2016
  • 4 replies

I've been unable to connect to my music services with my iPhone SE app the past few months. I receive an error message stating "Unable to browse music. There was a problem conncting to ..." (TuneIn, Pandora, iHeartRadio) - the same issue occurs for all services. I also receive an Error code 1101 when trying to initiate "Online Updates" within Settings on the app. I followed the faq.sonos.com/updateerror instructions for this error code, and removed and reinstalled the Sonos app on my phone - nothing seems to help. I have the Sonos app on my Mac (currently running macOS Sierra) and have no issues connecting to the services on the Mac. I also have the Sonos app on an old iPad2 and have no issues connecting to the services. The issue seems to be with the Sonos app only on the iPhone SE. The latest diagnostics code from my iPhone SE Sonos app submission after trying all prior troubleshooting tips (including error code 1101 restart instructions) is 6767751. Thanks for your help with resolving this issue!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I've been unable to connect to my music services with my iPhone SE app the past few months. I receive an error message stating "Unable to browse music. There was a problem conncting to ..." (TuneIn, Pandora, iHeartRadio) - the same issue occurs for all services. I also receive an Error code 1101 when trying to initiate "Online Updates" within Settings on the app. I followed the faq.sonos.com/updateerror instructions for this error code, and removed and reinstalled the Sonos app on my phone - nothing seems to help. I have the Sonos app on my Mac (currently running macOS Sierra) and have no issues connecting to the services on the Mac. I also have the Sonos app on an old iPad2 and have no issues connecting to the services. The issue seems to be with the Sonos app only on the iPhone SE. The latest diagnostics code from my iPhone SE Sonos app submission after trying all prior troubleshooting tips (including error code 1101 restart instructions) is 6767751. Thanks for your help with resolving this issue!

Hi jonskis5,

If you're still having trouble playing music services, please try updating your system to the most recent version, then send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the number if any issues remain.
Hi Jeff. Support Diagnostics confirmation number is 6865148. I removed the Sonos app from my iPhone SE, restarted my iPhone, downloaded the latest Sonos app from the Apple app store, and reconnected to my existing Sonos system. The system then prompted me to update to Sonos 7, which I did, and initially everything worked fine (I could immediately see Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, On this iPhone, and Music Library). I then restarted my iPhone and relaunched Sonos only to find the same problem as before. When access Pandora, TuneIn, or iHeartRadio I see a screen stating "Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to..." each service. I can still see On this iPhone, Music Library and Sonos Favorites (same as before - no change). I can launch a Pandora station, TuneIn station or iHeartRadio station from my Sonos Favorites but am unable to browse each from the services icons. In the About My Sonos System in the app on my iPhone, I have Version 7, Build 34735161, and Sonos ID 109573987. If you need CONNECT data from the "About" screen let me know. Hope this helps you find the issue. Thanks for your help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi jonskis5,

Do you have any other controllers you can test? It may help to adjust the DNS setting on your phone. To do so, head into the phone's settings menu and choose WiFi settings. Next, click the "i" next to your wireless network's name. Then you can scroll down to DNS and add in GoogleDNS: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4. Once that's done, pleases see if you can play music services again.
Yaaayyyy! I think we finally have a solution! I updated the DNS settings in my iPhone SE. AND, since I also updated my home LAN network with a new Airport Extreme and new iMac, it took awhile to get through transitioning my existing Sonos Bridge and Connect components over. Now EVERYTHING works as expected - iPhone SE, OLD Sonos (actual) controller, iPhone4 controller, Desktop iMac (new macOS Sierra), and a really old iPad2. THANK YOU for your help!