Unable to add [Spotify playlist] to the queue

Userlevel 2
Hi

I had an issue with my NAS server (Synology) and had to remove the music library from Sonos Controller for Mac.

Now I can't play Spotify playlists or tracks. When I try, I get an error message saying "Unable to add ... to queue"

Any ideas?

/Johan

29 replies

Badge +1
I have the same problem since yesterday evening Dec 23. I didn't do any changes at all but suddenly I couldn't listen to Christmas music anymore. I can search music and add songs from my computer to the queue but no songs from Spotify. Is this some kind of christmas gift from Spotify to all Sonos users or are you others having this problem?

Spotify program works fine but I can't play Spotify through Sonos system. Who is spoiling my christmas?

- Angry Bird from Finland!
Badge +1
I found a detour for that stupid Spotify problem. I connected my computer via Line-In connection to the Sonos Player and use Spotify on computer!

I hope you others find this temporary solution helpful. My Christmas is anyhow saved now ;-)

- Not so Angry Bird anymore from Finland
Try power-cycling the player(s). This will force a re-selection of the Spotify server.
Badge +1
Thanks. Power-cycling worked. All four players are singing now and Spotify server accepts Spotify songs to the queue.

Merry Christmas!
Userlevel 2
Hi, just new to forum (registered 5 min ago) because wanted to find out answer to same problem mentioned above..Found answer here within 3 min!
thx a lot, makes me feel nerdy good:D,
happy Sonos lover from Amsterdam
Userlevel 2
Good to see a emergency workaround has been found, but what I'm looking for is a real solution. I don't want to repower my Sonos so frequently. It is not the quality that I expected when I bought this system 1 week ago...
Badge +1
I have the same question as bdriessen. Something has happened this christmas. I had to do power-cycling again yesterday (an hour ago). I tried to repower just the first player but it didn't work, I had to do it to all four players. And I really don't want to do it once a day!

I have had my Sonos system since April and used it quite often but this problem has started not earlier than this christmas. New software updates perhaps?

- A little angry bird from Finland
This has been a longstanding issue.

Spotify evidently uses a round-robin DNS technique to distribute incoming connections between servers. Where a client can simply re-connect (as in the PC Spotify client exiting and restarting) a new connection can easily be found in the event of problems.

Sonos appears to hang on to a server connection even if that server subsequently becomes compromised (unless the server itself requests disconnection). Presently restarting the Sonos player appears to be the sole remedy.
Userlevel 2
All -

Please be aware that we did have a verified Spotify outage yesterday. Additionally - we do find that if Spotify is giving you issues a great first start is to simply reboot the Zones.

-C
we do find that if Spotify is giving you issues a great first start is to simply reboot the Zones.
... which IMHO is not a viable solution long term (and I've reported this at length via the regular support channel). If a specific Spotify server becomes overcommitted it should not be necessary to reboot a player to force it to select another from the pool.
Userlevel 2
I had the same problem several times over Christmas whilst showing off my new Sonos system to my friends and family. Just stumbled on this thread. The workaround worked but its not really a viable long term solution.
Badge
Also having this problem. It can't be doing the player any good switching it off and on twice a day?
Also having this problem. It can't be doing the player any good switching it off and on twice a day?
This is an issue Sonos needs to address. In the meantime if you know the IP of your player then simply visiting http://x.x.x.x:1400/reboot will trigger a soft reboot.
Userlevel 2
Hi. I´m having the same issue not being able to add song to the que when using Spotify. I have tried to reboot all Sonos and it does not help.
Userlevel 2
Badge
... which IMHO is not a viable solution long term (and I've reported this at length via the regular support channel). If a specific Spotify server becomes overcommitted it should not be necessary to reboot a player to force it to select another from the pool.

I couldn´t agree more. Sonos software should be able to act on the error message and select another Spotify-server automatically. Please fix this!
I have now started having this issue. Have rebooted. played two small playlists. Then bam. Sonos saying it cant add to Queue.

SONOS THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH...!!!
This is getting worse now.
Have re-boot system but can no longer add Spotify tracks or playlists to my Sonos queue...???

Can anyone help have tried everything i can think of...???
Well just tried again. Added a spotify song to queue
Its now working have no idea why???

But the good thing is i have tunes again:)
Userlevel 2
If any of you experience this I'd love to see diagnostics from your system before you reboot. Make sure to read the instructions here if you don't know how.

Cheers,

Clay
Userlevel 2
Both January 19th and 20th seemed to be a bad day for Spotify - Sonos integration. I could add songs to the queue but not play them. Reboot and re-adding and all was well for a couple of hours and then Sonos needed a reboot again. I listen to Spotify all days in the office through Sonos and when the music dies it is pretty obvious.
One would think that Sonos or Spotify would invest in their infrastructure for the interface between the systems as customer base(s) grow...
Userlevel 2
I experience the same type of problem. My diagnostics is sent with confirmation number 2011481. Thanks.
Same here. Terrible problems adding and playing anything to my queue via spotify integration :(

My diagnostics submitted also: 2011577
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Spotify works after reboot, played 1 track, stopped working.

This is a diagnostic when it stopped working the second time (The coordinator zone was the "Living Room" when it stopped working, switching to "Kitchen" made it start working again):

In addition, the controller (Windows) seems to go into halt mode when this happens, becomes unresponsive and almost freezes. A restart helps some, but it eventually stops responding once again.

You really need to step up your A-game in this matter, it has been like this since you started supporting Spotify and now that it is supported in USA as well you would really need to get this figured out. When Spotify is your primary music source (which it is for a lot of us!) this problems converts your Sonos players to very expensive book weights...

EDIT: Now, a few hours later with successful playback, it stopped working again. Submitted a new diagnostic with the number 2012195.
Userlevel 2
I experience the same type of problem. My diagnostics is sent with confirmation number 2011890. I hoppe better work and support from company like Sono.

Thanks.
Userlevel 2
I agree with jishi, I have the same problem.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings