Tunein radio station stops playing infrequently

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

135 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am having exactly the same problem. #3590376  "unable to play KLCC connection to TuneIn was lost"  I have also had this with KBOO ... this is quite frustrating.  I've had my sonos players for 8 years and have never had this problem before.  for the last 4-6 weeks my radio drops out 50x times a day,  SONOS WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP ME?

Christian, the interference is definitely still there. The Chromecast is going to be receiving the wireless signal so it shouldn't cause too much interference. Could there be a wireless subwoofer or cordless phone base station there? If STUE is on top of a cable box or router it could also be the problem.
I am having exactly the same problem. #3590376  "unable to play KLCC connection to TuneIn was lost"  I have also had this with KBOO ... this is quite frustrating.  I've had my sonos players for 8 years and have never had this problem before.  for the last 4-6 weeks my radio drops out 50x times a day,  SONOS WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP ME?

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for your answer. I had a Chromecast lying abt 30cm from the connect box. I have also ungrouped and are now only playing on my two other devices (apart from STUE).  I have now unpowered the Chromecast and retried my radio channel. No dropouts for 5 mins. New diagnostic nr 3598067.  Could maybe be interesting to see if this was the cause of the interference?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Annie,

As to your question, yes, it's possible that the station will have trouble playing to it's audience during peak hours. A radio station is independently hosted and Sonos connects to a specific stream (provided by TuneIn Radio). That stream could certainly be taxed causing it to stop playing. Most streams will have limits as to the number of listeners allowed at one time. It would be good to know if this only happens from these shows at a specific time.

Also, try the same time, but a different source.

Since there are some signs of interference, it could also be that around the time of those shows, the wireless environment gets noisier (from neighbors or something turning on like a microwave).

Thanks

(See above)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the diagnostic. It looks like your wired CONNECT (stue) is getting some bad spiked in interference. If you've tried all of the channels than it's likely something sitting around that CONNECT for what electrical devices are there. If you have a wireless phone or speaker within a couple meters it could be causing the problem. 

If you ungroup the other units from the CONNECT and just try playing music to it, do you have any cutouts? 

Annie is having trouble with specific radio stations, do you have trouble with a source in particular?

Thanks

I have the exact same problem - occured after joining the beta program and updated the system. I have tried all channels but my radio drops out all the time. I have diagnostic number 3597894.

Thank you, I'll look into your router channel suggestions and will see if it cuts out on other radio stations. It has not occurred on pandora or in my music library. So far it's only been on radio stations: kboo & klcc. Is it possible that the drop outs occur durring very popular radio shows? I tune in for a special show and know that many people tune in just for this weekly show.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hello Annie,

Thank you for that diagnostic. It looks like there's some interference on the system and network latency which could cause a problem streaming stations. It isn't a lot, but there are some spikes which can cause this. Do you have trouble with your local music library, or with other music services (such as Pandora)? 
Can you try out a few more radio stations too, to see if it's just a specific station?

Are you able to log into your router and check it's wireless channel? This is usually under Wireless Settings? Your Sonos system is on channel 11 so it's best if you can have your router on channel 1 or 6.

You can also change you Sonos wireless channel by following the directions here.

If you have another cutout, please submit a diagnostic again and reply back with the confirmation number.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello Helge,

Some radio stations have a stream limit for the amount of time they can maintain a connection. This can be a couple hours or no limit at all, but it's dependent on the station itself. If your players lose connection to a radio stream they'll retry it, but after a handful of failed attempts, they'll stop trying.

Can you please https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142 from your system and reply back with your confirmation number after you'd have this happen? Which stations have you noticed this happen on?

Thanks.