Tunein radio station stops playing infrequently

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

135 replies

Try the latest beta (6.0). https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3462
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hello Helge,

Some radio stations have a stream limit for the amount of time they can maintain a connection. This can be a couple hours or no limit at all, but it's dependent on the station itself. If your players lose connection to a radio stream they'll retry it, but after a handful of failed attempts, they'll stop trying.

Can you please https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142 from your system and reply back with your confirmation number after you'd have this happen? Which stations have you noticed this happen on?

Thanks.

We have been listening to 181.fm (through Tune-In) for the past few days. The connection dropped twice randomly today -- in the 1-2 hour range. We immediately opened up Sonos and manually hit PLAY and the stream restarted with no issue.

It would be helpful if there was an error message on the display, or a menu option to pull down a connection history....

If the connection dropped, something like "Connection dropped, 2 failed retries" or something

It could even be under the "i" information button in the Now Playing box if not right in that window itself.
Not sure if this thread is still alive, but I have recently (past couple of weeks) been having a bunch of issues with sonos and tunein. Basically I have an alarm that goes off every morning and plays a radio station. Recently either the sonos doesn't start playing the station or it plays for less than 10 minutes and then hangs. The player apps show the stop button, but nothing is actually playing. The only way to get it working again is to push the play/pause button on the sonos twice.

I have submitted diagnostic 6078259.

Thanks,

PC
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi PC, looks like there's a problem with that stream. I tested it out here and had the same trouble. You can manually add a different stream for that station to your system using a computer controller by going to Manage > Add a Radio Station. Go ahead and input http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WCBSFMDIALUP.pls to use and set the alarm to use that new station under My Radio.

Let us know if you have any trouble with that new stream.
I've been recently having the same issue with tune in radio. I listen to sports radio in the morning and for about 1 year everything worked as expected. About a month or two ago the radio stations began cutting out/stopping after several minutes. Therefore I had to switch to listening to pandora because the interruptions were just unbearable. I've submitted diagnostic #6084030. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I'm having the same issue the last few days. I have submitted diagnostic number 6084384 for this.
Connection seems to be lost for about 10 seconds and returns automatically.
It looks as though I may have corrected my issue. I had to uninstall/delete the radio station from tune-in radio and then reinstall the station. This his corrected my issue thus far today.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I'm having the same issue the last few days. I have submitted diagnostic number 6084384 for this.
Connection seems to be lost for about 10 seconds and returns automatically.

It looks like the dropouts are happening when you're listening to NPO 3FM Serious Radio. I wasn't able to reproduce the drops on my end, so it may have been a temporary station issue. However, I was able to find a direct streaming URL for the station which you can add to your favorites: http://icecast.omroep.nl/3fm-bb-mp3.m3u. Try adding that to your list of radio stations manually by following the steps in this FAQ. Once added, test some playback with that station listing instead and see if the problem returns.

It looks as though I may have corrected my issue. I had to uninstall/delete the radio station from tune-in radio and then reinstall the station. This his corrected my issue thus far today.

Glad to hear it's working jaywilly. If the problem comes back, let us know what specific station you're listening to and we can try to find an alternate URL to try as well.
Digging up this old issue. Most of the links in the thread are not working any more. Is there a fix for this? It's happening all the time for me - the stream stops. I have to press play again. It's random, sometime it plays for hours, sometimes just minutes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Morphix, you can manually add radio stations via URL can be added using the steps here.

If a station cuts out on you, it could be for a number of reasons, stream quality, local network issues, standard stream timeouts, and other issues. You said it's irregular, so it could be a local issue or a stream problem at first guess.

If you don't have any trouble with other music sources, only one particular radio station, the steps above to find and add a new radio stream for that station could be good test to see if the one you get through TuneIn isn't good.