TuneIn Premium on Sonos

• 24 April 2017
  • 6 replies

Why doesnt TuneIn premium work on Sonos? Dont see my favorites and cant listen to premium stations and audiobooks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yep... I created this topic back when TuneIn Premium first was announced because I wanted to listen to all that great content through my Sonos system. Over a year later and it's still not possible. Ask TuneIn and they'll say it's being worked on*... but Sonos won't confirm or deny that fact, and neither side can (or will) provide even a remote estimate of when it might be possible.

Part of the issue is that Sonos currently uses TuneIn without any kind of login, and Sonos would need to put forth significant effort to update their TuneIn implementation to support a login (premium or not), and then have TuneIn allow Sonos devices to access the premium content (because even TuneIn has some device apps that can't access Premium content!). It's a project that would need efforts from both Sonos' and TuneIn's ends to become possible.

Keeping fingers crossed that it happens sometime soon... lots of great commercial-free music from a number of services that I'd like to be listening to!

* Comment from TuneIn support when asked about TuneIn Premium on Sonos: "TuneIn and Sonos are working together to make TuneIn Premium available on Sonos devices. Stay tuned for further announcements."
Thank you very much. Yeah, I love TuneIn but they need to improve, I would love to hear premium radio on my Sonos. Btw, their Apple carplay integration sucks a well.
+1 Please add TuneIn Premium to Sonos....
+1 Please add TuneIn Premium to Sonos....
Has tunein premium been added to Sonos Yet???
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Has tunein premium been added to Sonos Yet???
Nope. I'm not expecting it to come anytime soon. You're better off waiting for Airplay2 support and using the TuneIn app on an iPhone to stream TuneIn Premium to Sonos than you are waiting for TuneIn Premium to come to Sonos. Last I checked (and it's been a while now), some of TuneIn's own apps didn't even support TuneIn Premium. I've personally given up on waiting for it... I dropped my TuneIn Premium subscription after the various AudioAddict commercial-free music stations left the service.
Rumour has it that TuneIn's app won't be AirPlay 2 compatible out of the gate, either.