Answered

Tunein Premium as login Service?

• 29 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Looking back in the support threads, it looks like its been about 7 years since people first asked for TuneIn to be enabled with login support like all the other services so we can enable playlists and Premium service.  Sonos clearly already has a partnership with TuneIn.  I’m curious about the level of effort to get this implemented.  

icon

Best answer by controlav 2 April 2020, 15:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi @jfdonohoe. I would like to thank you for contributing to our Community.

At this time, we do not have any update on the implementation of login support with TuneIn. I have noted this request and will send it up the pipelines in Sonos.

Although I cannot guarantee that login support with TuneIn will be implemented, I would be happy to note your feedback and send it up the pipelines within Sonos.

Additional feedback and feature requests are always welcomed and I’m all ears for any additional ideas you may have regarding the Sonos system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The work involved is pretty straight-forward: Tune-In simply have to add an authentication path to their existing SMAPi service, and expose it a “Tune-In Plus” service or similar (so that the existing one still works). Sonos have to do nothing unless they wanted to make the switch between the anonymous and the authenticated version more seamless in the controller.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

With new software for Sonos coming out mid-year there could be more hope then in the past.   Will have to see and as controlav mentions it has to be in conjunction with working with TuneIn.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just piling on - would really like to have this option...

Piling on.  Please persuade Tunein to enable us to use Tunein Premium via Sonos.  I for one will not pay for Tunein premium until I can use it thus.