Question

TuneIn not working

Userlevel 1
All of sudden today since doing a update to 7.2 TuneIn radio app is not working !!
Does anyone know what happened to it ? and how can i listen to BBC radio 2 now ?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Same here, I tweeted Sonos about it.
Unrelated to update, btw. At least from my end.
After doing update to 7.2 TuneIn radio app not working - No radio stations
Same in the Netherlands. No radiostation can be played. Not on app PC, Android, Iphone or Ipad.
Same problem post-update for me on E coast of US, but the site now says they're addressing the Tune-In problem. Their customer support usually rocks so I'm optimistic it'll work soon.
Also unable to connect to TuneIn stations. This was the case both prior to and after updating the software.
Same here - just updated and tunein has disappeared completely - this is a major reason for having SONOS !! no radio then Sonos will get used a lot less.What the heck has happened..
Same issue with 7.2. will not connect with Tunein and neither does Tunein appear any longer in the 'Add Music Services' list.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
TuneIn is down. Sonos can't play a service that down from its provider. Stream direct from the source if you have to, you just won't get it from Sonos.
Badge +2
Same problem, however, I am still streaming from TuneIn - it was only when I tried to search for another radio station that I lost my TuneIn stream. But my Bedroom stream still has Radio 2 so I grouped all the other rooms to the Bedroom and am streaming Radio 2 quite happily throughout the house....... So TuneIn is not completely dead....
But my Bedroom stream still has Radio 2 so I grouped all the other rooms to the Bedroom and am streaming Radio 2 quite happily throughout the house....... So TuneIn is not completely dead....
TuneIn is currently dead. Your player had cached the Radio 2 URL.
Badge +2
But my Bedroom stream still has Radio 2 so I grouped all the other rooms to the Bedroom and am streaming Radio 2 quite happily throughout the house....... So TuneIn is not completely dead....
TuneIn is currently dead. Your player had cached the Radio 2 URL.

So the moral of the story with Sonos/TuneIn is that if its working - don't touch it! Or on a serious note if you have a radio station set up in another room/on another speaker, you should be able to receive this in other rooms by adding those rooms/speakers to the working room/speaker as a group
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
It brought some thoughts up for me, why do you need the radio service for accessing your favourites, should the URL's of those station not be available already locally????
I always found it strange that the stations favourites seem to go via the radio tunes service.
Sonos stores a reference to the TuneIn entry. A TuneIn lookup returns a playlist of URLs, usually in order of decreasing quality. Often this is quite long. It's also subject to change at the whim of the originating radio station.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hey everyone, as ratty mentioned there is an ongoing outage with our partner TuneIn, we will update our main topic once resolved: TuneIn Radio: Unable to browse or play on Sonos - 03/23/17
TuneIn problem started again? I get an Old Navy Commercial that plays then drops...cannot play any station....
TuneIn radiostations suddenly not working on Android and IOS apps. Working on Windows desktop app. Seems to be mobile app related!
I could add that the issue affects TuneIn stations as well as stations with direct links.
Try rebooting your router, and see if that clears it up?