Answered

Tunein jingle and adverts

Hi,

how can I listen to radio in deezer instead of tunein where i got some awfull jingle and adverts not needed….  Many peolple ar uset with this, when will you solve the problem ?

Pierre

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 11 May 2022, 23:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Sonos are not responsible for the contents of Tunein streams so cannot remove the adverts.

The display of menus and features of third parties like deezer is primarily down to the third party. You might be better off contacting deezer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There should only be adverts in TuneIn when starting a stream. If you hear more, the system might think you are starting a stream because of a disturbance in wifi.

In some countries there are other radio providers i.e. Juke in the Netherlands. They do not add ads.

Sonos are not responsible for the contents of Tunein streams so cannot remove the adverts.

The display of menus and features of third parties like deezer is primarily down to the third party. You might be better off contacting deezer.

In fact you're just answering me you will not help me solving those problems... TuneIn jingle all days when your product crash, adverts we don't want repetead when your app crash getting the connexion... Theses are your problems because your customers are upsets.

Pierre

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So it is not TuneIn, but you have connection problems Could you please describe your network? Or maybe make a diagnostic and call Sonos.

If TuneIn supress the jingle and adverts it'll be ok. I have a perfect connection but the app is not working well. I've been using Sonos for years and before the app was working well and I could listen to radio with no jingle and no advertising. I just want the situation to go back as it was before.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

If you are getting tunein adverts at times other than when you specifically start a tunein stream then the speaker is almost certainly having difficulty maintaining its connection to tunein.

If you follow @106rallye suggestion above to create a diagnostic within 10 minutes of the spurious adverts occurring, make a note of the number and contact sonos then support may be able to tell you what is going on.

I’m loosing my time with you.

I’m waiting for a no advert, no jingle when i start the radio.

And at home everyother services are working except sonos so please correct the app (it was working a few years ago...) and stop thoses tuneIn nuisance.

regards,

Pierre.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The app is just a remote for the system. Your system seems to have problems connecting.

TuneIn will always be playing adverts - they will have to earn money for the servce they provide.

If you have connection problems; those could be caused by things outside yor network, like your neighbours getting a new router. Solving these problems will limit the TuneIn adverts to a minimum.

You could also try another radio provider as I stated above.