TuneIn gone after update

• 5 October 2017
  • 14 replies

Updated Sonos system today (Okt/4/2017). Tunein is vanished.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Palle,

This is odd, there's no reason that it should be this way that I can think of. Have you rebooted the device that the controller is on? Is it all of TuneIn, or just some of it? Would you be so kind as to submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at?
Userlevel 2
You don't need a system diagnostic. You have 4 options. Add music service. No Tunein. Simple. And I'm made about it. Looks like it was a product that worked seamlessly but has now isolated out Apple playlists. Just show me the screen grab of how to get what I had when I bought it prior to yesterday's update.
The reason that I asked you to provide a system diagnostic was not for you, but for the folks at Sonos to have some additional information about your setup to figure out why you seem to be unique in the issue of not having TuneIn, while the vast majority of us do. I understand it makes you ‘made’ (sic), but if you want someone to assist you, you’re likely to need to provide more information. Just saying it doesn’t work makes it incredibly difficult for someone trying to reproduce the issue so that they can come up with a resolution.

But there is no requirement for you to do so.
My Tunein has vanished as well after an update. Can someone let me know how I get it back? Thanks
Mine vanished as well.
Tunein is no longer showing up in my services either. This is pretty lame! I hope it’s a big that can be fixed. If not, sonos just lost a big feature that is essentially a deal breaker for me. I’m glad I figured this out before buying other sonos products that I was planning to purchase.
Tunein has gone from my services as well.
Edit: I was wrong, I still have Tunein, but I don't have my radio stations in either My Radio Stations or in Sonos Favourites.
Userlevel 1
Tunein has gone from my services as well.
Edit: I was wrong, I still have Tunein, but I don't have my radio stations in either My Radio Stations or in Sonos Favourites.

Same problem here! It seems we are any with Tunein issues.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I see tune in by radio under browse but don’t see it under music services. Is that correct? It does work, but I would assume it’s under browse because I added it in the past.
I see tune in by radio under browse but don’t see it under music services. Is that correct? It does work, but I would assume it’s under browse because I added it in the past.No, this is exactly how it should be, and is for everyone. 'Music services' are services like Spotify and Deezer. 'Browse' means 'browse music sources', and internet radio by TuneIn is a source in its own right on Sonos.

(FWIW, Sonos doesn't really use the TuneIn service. The streaming URLs are served up by TuneIn but Sonos then connects to them directly,)
Badge +1
I wrote a post earlier that I had lost my favourite radio station ( Solar Radio ) after listening to Mix Cloud but now realize having read this thread that I did an update last week and when I browse radio by TuneIn it says " unable to browse music - There is a problem connecting to TuneIn "

Any ideas ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Try a reboot of your system as follows. You may have some duplicate IP issues following the update:

Switch off your Wi-Fi Router
Switch off ALL your Sonos kit
Switch off ALL devices connected to your Network
- Computers, Laptops, Tablets
- Smartphones, thick phones
- NAS

Switch on Router. Wait until it has re-connected to the internet
Switch on Sonos Bridge and/or Boost, Connect - Wait a minute or two for them to connect
Switch on your Sonos Plays and Playbar
Switch on all your other network devices
Badge +1
Many thanks for your help
I will try this when I get home
Badge +1
Yes this worked
Thanks for your help, very much appreciated