Answered

Tune In Station information

• 28 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Up until recently, the controller software on my Mac or Phone would show station information such as current program or track. The interface seems to have changed slightly (for example there is a Tune In icon). The station current information no longer displays.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 March 2018, 17:23

I'm in the US, and actually dismantling my system right now in preparation for a move, but I do see that Classic FM has data on tunein.com. So, it is indeed a question that Sonos might need more information on. May I suggest that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss it.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

As far as I know, not all stations pass that data through to TuneIn, so they can't pass it through to Sonos to display, either. Are you having the issue on a station that you've checked on TuneIn.com to see if the information is there? Might be helpful if you were to specify which station you're having trouble with, so folks, including Sonos, could help with some troubleshooting.
Badge +1
BBC radio 4, BBC Radio 3, Classic FM. These are my normal stations and they all used to give information and no longer do.
And have you checked on TuneIn.com to see if they show up there?
I'm in the US, and actually dismantling my system right now in preparation for a move, but I do see that Classic FM has data on tunein.com. So, it is indeed a question that Sonos might need more information on. May I suggest that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and call in to Sonos to discuss it.
Badge +1
Well Classic FM data is in Tune In whereas BBC is no longer there. The data is transmitted from the BBC if you link directly.