Question

Tune in radio will not load

• 24 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Hi, I'm currently unable to play Tunein radio on my system, getting the message "unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to Tunein" Having previously added BBC radio 5 live, I get the message that it will not play because it isn't encoded correctly.
My system is Sonos Boost connected to a VirginMedia hub connected to 3 Play 1s and 3 Play 3s. This is a new setup replacing a Sonos bridge which was experiencing constant connection issues.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12
Are you saying that NO tunein stations connect, or just BBC fail?
No connection at all, but I think there may be an issue around VirginMedia
Userlevel 6
Badge +12
Do other services work? eg. Deezer, Spotify ... ?
I'm on Virgin Media and I get the same as the OP. Nothing for last few days. Rebooted everything and I'm on latest software from Sonos 😞
Yes, everything but Tunein, logged a diagnostic and support are looking at it
Userlevel 6
Badge +12
Seems to be a VM affliction then !
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Seems to be a VM affliction then ! This is correct. We noticed a few Virgin Media users experiencing connectivity issues with TuneIn on their Sonos system. We are working with Virgin to identify any issues and will provide an update as quickly as possible. Future updates will be made on this topic: Virgin Media and TuneIn Playback Issue