Answered

trying to play amazon atmos music on ARC

• 11 December 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos arc connected to a LG c1 TV . All good.

I'm trying to play Amazon Atmos music on my Sonos arc from the amazon music app.

When I use the app and cast  Atmos tagged music it reverts back to hd .

It's only when using Amazon music through the Sonos app that it appears to be playing Atmos music , but the Sonos app is poor compared to Amazon music as it doesn't tag Atmos music very well. 

Why doesn't it play atmos music on the arc through the Amazon app (when in its marked to do so ) I'm using android .

What am I doing wrong 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 December 2021, 16:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You can only play Dolby Atmos music from Amazon Music on Sonos directly from the Sonos app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I think if you initiate using Alexa you only get SD.

Can confirm 

Oh ok,.  What if I just use Alexa voice commands through the Sonos arc  to play music, will it not play atmos version if available?

Why technically will it not work through Amazon music , isn't it just the same as using a TV app to play atmos content ?

I think if you initiate using Alexa you only get SD.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Oh ok,.  What if I just use Alexa voice commands through the Sonos arc  to play music, will it not play atmos version if available?

Why technically will it not work through Amazon music , isn't it just the same as using a TV app to play atmos content ?

This function doesn't seem available (yet) but would be nice. Not sure if responsibility is on Sonos or Alexa to get it to work, am guessing not a Sonos priority.