Trouble connecting to napster

• 14 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Our sonos system is having frequent problems connecting to Napster. Other services work, but Napster is our favorite. What can we do? Help/advice will be much appreciated. It is a consistent problem between Windows 10, Windows 7, an iphone, and a pixel. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

First recommendation, oddly enough, is to reboot your router. There may need to be a DNS refresh. But since everything else seems to be working, it's hard to believe that there's a serious issue on your side of the process.

Just in case, though, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of it happening, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Thanks. I'll do these things!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Bruce has the place to start but I wanted to assure you that Sonos does work well with Napster, I got started back when they were called Rhapsody and I listen to a lot of their music with nearly zero problems.
Thank you. We have also enjoyed napster/sonos for years, including back in the Rhapsody days. We recently switched internet service providers and we now have the connection issue!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Maybe it is an ISP versus Napster issue? Have you tried playing from Napster's website on your computer?

I don't see any good troubleshooting / testing tools on the Napster site.