Question

TRNTBL

Does anyone know about the new wireless record player by TRNTBL. It says its supported by SONOS on its website. Is it supported by SONOS does it connect through the SONOS network.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Other more knowledgeable than me will chime in but I see a distinct lack of information on their website and they "claim" to be able to stream to Sonos. I am really dubious about this
Userlevel 2
Badge
They claim to stream as a Sonos 'Music Service'

So, if they have down the API groundwork, then this could be really nice and would be great for me personally

However, I'm wth Stuart and its way too early to be investing in this until proven
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys,

VNYL, the company that makes TRNTBL, is working on an integration through Sonos Labs, our open developer API and program. They'll be able to play through to Sonos.
Hopefully when they get some money they can buy a keyboard that still has vowels on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Hopefully when they get some money they can buy a keyboard that still has vowels on it.

You know, maybe I'm just a grumpy old man but that in itself is pretty much enough to keep my out of that company and it's products

H H ...Rlly Fnny Pst frm LHC.. Md m chckl.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

H H ...Rlly Fnny Pst frm LHC.. Md m chckl.

Looks like you're saving up for one of these fancy keyboards with vowels on it too. 🙂 I must say, it's been one of my favorite office purchases. Though I guess I type a lot these days...

You know, maybe I'm just a grumpy old man but that in itself is pretty much enough to keep my out of that company and it's products

I also avoid any product / company that involves the word "KWIK", contains the letter "R" written back-to-front, or includes an exclamation mark. I am also a grumpy old man.
Badge
Hey guys,

VNYL, the company that makes TRNTBL, is working on an integration through Sonos Labs, our open developer API and program. They'll be able to play through to Sonos.

Hi,

Will the TRNTBL require either the Connect or Connect Amp to stream to Play: 1's at all?
Perhaps a hint that the 8/30 press conference will introduce a new direct-to-Sonos streaming protocol?
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hey guys,

Hi,

Will the TRNTBL require either the Connect or Connect Amp to stream to Play: 1's at all?

If they are developing against the Sonos partners API - then it should stream to any of the equipment PLAY 1, etc ... I should think
The concept behind TRNTBL is great. But, beyond the spelling, there are other red flags
(1) There is no spec sheet on the web site that is accepting preorders: https://trntbl.co/
(2) The vinyl-by-mail operation of its parent company, VNYL, reportedly has been a debacle:
www.stereogum.com/1801049/vnyl-sliding-why-the-netflix-for-vinyl-service-is-such-a-mess/franchises/sounding-board/
I'm waiting for other companies, with stronger track records, to develop a similar product.
Badge
Hi guys! The situation about the TRNTBL is really bad: they are still getting orders but they've never delivered ONE device in one year. I've ordered it last September, immediately paid and then nothing...no updates at all. I've tried to contact them (also Twitter messages directly with the CEO) and they always said me "next month". I found another guy on internet that wrote as following:
"Don’t bother. I pre-ordered this in May 2016 with a promised ship date of “Summer 2016.” They haven’t provided any updates or information proactively. I have repeatedly reached out to them as each promised ship date has slipped without ANY communications from the company. Summer 2016 became Fall 2016, promised in time for the holidays… last I heard was it would ship in late January, which has come and gone (it’s now almost March) and they have just stopped responding to requests for an update. Twitter is full of others in the same boat. They seem to think that ignoring their customers, who’ve given them hundreds of dollars, is a good business model. Very disappointing."
The only update is that the pre-order price is raised from 359 to 429. Really a fraud.
Last fall, I too pre-ordered a trntbl and it has yet to arrive! I've no idea when/if it ever will, in spite of repeated emails to the company. I did receive a few relies that simply said, "your trntbl will be shipped on...", no apologies, no explanations. In my last message I asked for a refund- so we'll see. I had a bad feeling as soon as I placed my order, so I should have known. Like Berserk says, very disappointing. trnbl is a great concept but don't bother unless you're fond of giving your money to a fraud.
Badge
All the same frustrations as above! Thankful that I used my Amex to purchase as I just initiated an inquiry / refund request based on lack of information coming from VYNL and lack of response to inquiries. Sad, as I was really excited about the concept!
Ok well I have a few things to say regarding trntbl. I placed an order last August and received little responses like everyone else in this post. I was always told the end of the following month like clockwork which is strange. I was going to put an inquiry in with AMEX as well but then I was offered to receive a phone call by Nick the founder. He called me in March and told me a few things about the specs. It will come through Sonos in 320kbps and it will have an audio-technica 95e cartridge. He also informed me that the biggest reason for the delay was due to Sonos changing the way they wanted trntbl to enter Sonos. Sonos told them late last year that they wanted them to operate like the Spotify ap where you control what room/zone you wish to hear the trntbl through the trntbl ap. This changed things quite a bit because Sonos had originally told trntbl that they wanted them to appear like a music service in the Sonos ap. On July 18th I received the email below saying they were about to start shipping. I'm really excited for the arrival of this. Hopefully it WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!

Hi there.
I'm pleased to announce TRNTBL is now shipping.​
As you may have guessed, we had a crazy demand for pre-orders. I've been working tirelessly the last few months with my team to scale up our operations to fulfill your pre-order unit as fast as possible. Again, thanks for being so patient.

We will be reaching out to you individually to schedule your ship date. If you haven’t heard from us yet, please continue to be patient, but don't hesitate to reach out at any time.
Our support team is also working to make sure that we reach out with as much information as possible. We’ve actually been under a few Non-Disclosure Agreements that prevented us (esp our support team) from providing all the information. I apologize. We never prefer leaving you in the dark. These new opportunities caused some additional delays, but it was all in favor of the awesome user experience we’ve been working so hard to create. I hope you noticed the Wall Street Journal article that ran recently discussing how easy it is to get TRNTBL®️ up and running. It took us many extra months to get it right and have the reviewer see this seamless user experience.

I think really it’s important to note, we are a small team in El Segundo, California. TRNTBL is built and assembled entirely in-house. I think you’ll be pretty surprised as to how awesome this product is; we haven’t cut any corners in making TRNTBL the best next gen player for your space. Our staff is working hard to ensure that each quality unit ships out as quickly as possible!
There's plenty more of this story that I'm very much looking forward to sharing, but for now, I'm excited to share where we're at. I sincerely can't thank you enough for your support and patience. We are so excited for you to experience TRNTBL. Thanks for hanging in there, friend.
Warmest regards,

Nick Alt
Founder & CEO of VNYL (the creators of TRNTBL)
Badge
Please let us know when you receive it and also if it was worth the wait!
Hey has anyone received their trntbl yet? I've still been getting the runaround. Never got an email like the one above. When I reached out they told me they could process a refund. (Which I've seen on Twitter they've been doing pretty quickly.) But at this point I've waiting so long that I want the thing rather than the money back. It's been over a year.
Userlevel 2
I also received the email above from their CEO. But till this day no mail for my choice of color and shipping date. Hopefully I won't take much longer. Ordered it july last year.