Tidal Artists in random order

• 6 October 2015
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Tidal > My Music > Artists are now sorted in a random order rather than alphabetical like they were before. Very difficult to find anything now 😞 can this be changed or is there a way to sort them alphabetically? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Terryuk,

I just moved this comment into a new thread to keep the conversation streamlined. The Tidal artists are currently sorted by order they were added to your listing. I'll pass on the feedback to our team and see if there was a change here and if it's intended to function this way.

Thanks for asking.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Terryuk,

I just moved this comment into a new thread to keep the conversation streamlined. The Tidal artists are currently sorted by order they were added to your listing. I'll pass on the feedback to our team and see if there was a change here and if it's intended to function this way.

Thanks for asking.

Thanks Ryan - yes would be good to know if it can be re-ordered back to alphabetical. Let us know as I will probably cancel Tidal if it remains as it is.

Terry
I noticed this change a few weeks ago - the artist sorting was now by order added. I am pretty certain that it had been previously sorted alphabetically.
Userlevel 2
Badge
It WAS sorted alphabetically for almost a year. After the last Sonos update that changed. PLEASE put that back to normal. It makes finding an artist extremely hard.
This is a must have for the user, and should be a priority for Sonos.
Badge
Hi Sonos. Any news om this topic? I still miss the alphabetic sort every day...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Sonos. Any news om this topic? I still miss the alphabetic sort every day...

Nothing new right now Duneheather. We'll let you know if we hear any more details around a change in the API which is causing this behavior. Thanks for asking though.
I am very frustrated by this same problem. Please put it in alphabetical order ASAP. I have hundreds of albums and can't find anything.
Badge
+1 on this problem, it is very annoying, and was not always like this.
Worked fine before an update, my artists are arranged alphabetically
on the Tidal app, but when using Tidal through Sonos, it seems like
its arranged by date added.
Please remedy, as this is extremely annoying.
+1 on this, too. Any update from Sonos?
+1 this seems to be a very silly issue, obviously artists should be sorted alphabetically, please allow us to do so.

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
Come on guys! I was hoping the new 6.3 update would fix this, but NO! It has been over a year since this problem started. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
Wow, very disappointing! I own a playbar, a sub, 3 play 1's and a play 5, with the aim of being able to play whatever I want through the whole house.
This was far from cheap, it is extremely disappointing that not only can I not stream music from the Tidal app itself, having to go through the Sonos app instead, but the artists aren't even in order, making it far more difficult than it should be.
No artist radio either?
Your current customers have been complaining about these two issues for a year now, and nothing has been done.
Sonos sounds great, don't get me wrong, but other speakers for the same price are far better.
The thing that separates Sonos from the rest of the pack is your interface, and customer support.
If something this simple hasn't been dealt with in nearly a year, and is just being ignored, don't expect your client base to keep growing.
Please fix this! We need the ability to choose how we sort these categories. At the very least the logical default sort should be alphabetical as this is what users are used to with every other app on the market. When you have hundreds of artists in your library, not having alphabetical sort makes it totally useless. a very poor user experience as a result.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I second this, really bad, and completely unintuitive! Surely the sort order by default should be alphabetical? Every other app for music, video, audiobooks has this...? So why can't Tidal on Sonos..? I can't believe this is still a problem!

Please fix this! We need the ability to choose how we sort these categories. At the very least the logical default sort should be alphabetical as this is what users are used to with every other app on the market. When you have hundreds of artists in your library, not having alphabetical sort makes it totally useless. a very poor user experience as a result.
Badge +2
Agreed, this makes it very difficult to find artists when streaming from Tidal.
Still waiting on Tidal artists in alphabetical order. Any updates?
Same here - don't understand why the order can't be sorted alphabetically. Any news on whether this is being looked at?